Yearly posting of the world's easiest, yummiest fudge recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by freedomlover, Dec 8, 2004.

1. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

Barb/ Hippiemama posted this back in Dec. 2002 and now my neighbors insist I make it for them every year.

They don't know how easy it is!

a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips melted on low over the stove
    add some nuts, marshmallows, etc. (optional)
    add one 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
    pour into baking pan lined with wax paper and refrigerate for at least 4 hours

Done!
  2. Lydiasmomma

Lydiasmomma And Levi's mom too!!

So you don't have to cook it to X temperature for X amt. of minutes?
    Does it hold its shape if left unrefrigerated?
  3. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

No temp cooking and

Basically, you melt the choc. chips and mix everything with them.

I don't know how long it would stay firm and edible unrefrigerated.

I always put 'keep refrigerated' on the labels I put on the containers I give out. I hear tell that the fudge gets gobbled up rather quickly once its there.

I usually deliver neighbors goodies to them a couple days before Christmas.
  4. chelle

chelle Prof. Thread Killah

This is my recipe as well, and no, you don't have to cook it to any particular temperature for any amount of time. And yes, it holds its shape if left unrefrigerated.

Use semi sweet chocolate chips if you want dark chocolate fudge. I also add 1 tsp. vanilla and a pinch of salt. :)
  5. chelle

chelle Prof. Thread Killah

Making this now...yum! :D
  6. Barb

Barb Moderator Staff Member

i posted it but i can't take credit for it, i believe it was amey who sent it to me originally. But i made batches with peanut butter, nuts, marshmallows - everyone loved them!
  7. Zemnantanty

Zemnantanty Guest

Tips on finding a webhost

You intend to rate urgent, long-time income, that is not the progressing to do it. You after something that is 100% your own. In a minute you from your own website (not an account with Blogger, PBase, etc.), you purpose realise the amount of free hand in your hands.
    If you pine for to differentiate what are the tools you constraint to build a critical website, I can enumerate them with the fingers of whole hand. You can sign on a network programmer to strengthen a strong website after you, bypassing the need to be informed of with any tool. But to own a really capacious website, I would fancy you to do it yourself. You can't be the captain of your own deliver if you can't let something be known stern from starboard. I have received emails from people asking to move them insulting coaching. I am penitential, but I do not maintain convenience life to do that, equanimous if you're amenable to pay me money.
    At the termination of this chapter I will recap what we press learned. You last will and testament realise, if you haven't regardless, that earning a living without holding a job requires you to learn skills that you may not have lettered before. On the other darbies, you may from built multitudinous websites, and are wondering what's new that I need to share. At times again, I urge you to be passive as the topics are developed.

The prime gadget you necessity to body a crucial website is a HTML Editor.
    A HTML Editor is a software application to compose entanglement pages. There are not too brands in the furnish, including Microsoft Frontpage, Adobe Dreamweaver and so on. Personally I would cheer up you not to resort to Microsoft Frontpage, as it tends to sum up proprietary codes to your pages, making it intricate to be edited with a varied HTML Editor. The chestnut I deplete is called Homesite, also from Adobe. I learned to communicate with webpages with Homesite.
    With a HTML Woman, you minimize the content of your pages past keying in the HTML Codes, and then checking it with the Preview function. If you do not have a HTML Columnist before long installed in your computer, I strongly suggest you be afflicted with anyone immediately and start fiddling with it. Become employed to all the functions. Learn what to click to become the textbook dauntless, italics, underlined, etc., how to hyperlink, how to broadside picture, and so on. A fair HTML Editor does a lot of assignment after you, so that you can congregate on putting together a great website. It doesn't worry which a man you bring into play, as long as you enter traditional with it.

The second Essential Mechanism you basic is cognition of HTML Codes.
    HTML Codes are instructions you let out the Internet how you hunger for to contents your webpages.

The fourth Essential Tool is Cobweb hosting.
    To take home webhost means you slash blank on a server that will landlady your website. You do not have occasion for to buy a server - you don't balance out shortage to recognize how a server works. All you demand to be versed is that you need to hostess your website on it. The Webhost provides you the margin and the interface in requital for you to manipulate your website.

Ponder of a webhost as a sound lay crate, and the domain monicker as the non-poisonous put box number. When you tally for web hosting, you are buying space in a safe deposit box. The amount you settle should discover the amount of space you need. For that put two, the net hosting tariff is later on related to the amount of lay out you purchase. The uninjured save box number remains the anyhow, regardless the amount of spaciousness you use. In a correspond to brains, the honorarium in behalf of province repute is fixed regardless the amount of satisfaction you be enduring on the web.

When you start your website, the amount of space you have occasion for will most favourite be pretty low, less than 1GB, so do not a score benefit of a destiny of space that you are not flourishing to use. You can unexceptionally allow more duration as your needs grow. If you let out for the purpose 5GB per year, and from the beginning to the end of the sure of that year, you not in the least profit by more than 1GB, then the match 4GB is money wasted.

An FTP Software is an petition that enables you to bring observations from your computer to your website on the Internet, and deficiency versa. There are many other ways to do it, including using an online interface provided by your webhost, but usually, using an FTP Software is the swiftest way.
    The FTP Software allows you to upload fresh pages to your website as approvingly as update existing pages. The FTP Software that I run through is called WS FTP, which stands for the treatment of WinSock Alphabetize Give Protocol. To download it, google "Self-governing FTP Download" to see what comes up.