Yay for this forum!

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by hkhil1991, Mar 4, 2007.

1. hkhil1991

hkhil1991 New Member

I was excited to see this forum. I've been wanting to train myself in EFT for a while and haven't gotten around to it. Are there any out there who have?
  2. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Welcome Hilary and others

Hi Hiliary,

Welcome! I'm also interested in knowing who's trained in EFT, who's interested, etc. Personally I have taken both the basic and advanced training in EFT offered through the DVD's. I've also taken several different workshops on EFT, EFT for weight loss, EFT for allergies and sensitivities. I started using EFT for myself and family and this year launched my business working with clients. (I have worked with about 50 clients so far.)

My goal here is to provide a space where we can help each other in our application of EFT so that we can just feel great and have fun in our lives.

Cheers,
    Deborah
  3. CiaraLinn

CiaraLinn ~Finding my way~

somewhere deep in the heart of a smalltown...
    I would LOVE to learn more about this - Looking foward to it! :D
  4. joli

joli sitting at the head of the Amity round table

I'm sooooo glad you brought this idea to AmityMama Deb! I personally love EFT, and have been using it successfully for about one year now.

My biggest success was using it and homeopathy in combo for severe PPD. I am using it now to guard against a relapse as well.

My oldest child likes to do it also :)

~jo
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Thanks Jo for hosting us!
  6. Shannon

Shannon Amity's Focus Member

I bought the course a few years ago and still have not done it. If it will help fend off PPD, I'll get started soon.
  7. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Offer to Learn EFT

I found the best way to learn was to see someone do it or explain it.

I'm happy to teach a few folks over the phone (no charge). (About 20 minutes or so to get a feel for it.)

That in no way is a substitute for the course in its various forms ... There is an immense depth to this work and lots of case studies are available on emofree.com and other websites.

But to get started, just working with another person can get you going ....

It's pretty amazing what results you can get and hard to believe until you try it.
  8. maryhannahkali

maryhannahkali Hangin' off a cliff

Wow, this sounds wonderful! Off to check out emofree.com now. :)
  9. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Examples .....

I've cleared myself and/or others with:

my son of his height phobia
    an allergic reaction to celery
    back pain
    neck pain
    mascetomy post-op pain
    a child's eczema
    food allergies
    mother's guilt over child health issues
    internal cyst tied to emotional issues
    mother's challenging relationship with daugher after next child was born
    dropped high blood pressure by 16 points
    indigestion
    grief and guilt around mental illness in family
    childhood sexual trauma
    family issues leading to weight issues
    self worth issues
    issues around homeschooling

So you can see it can be used for everything, large and small ....

The way to assess emotional issues is:

Make a statement related to your issue.
    i.e.
    I value myself -- or I hate myself ....
    and see how true it feels (a scale of 1 to 10 is used for both positive and negative issues)

After some rounds of tapping, restate the statement and see what the intensity is.
  10. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Hmmm...I am very interested in this. i am so glad you hosted this, Jo, as I had not come across EFT in the past. I have done NAET extensively with great results. Amazing results, but feel a loss of control in general with NAET. I like the idea of EFT as it can in general give the client the control in the journey.

Very interesting. I've been reading the last two days and I am very interested in pursuing this more.
    :)
  11. lakshmi_mama

lakshmi_mama cleaning house

I am excited to see this here as well! I have used it a small bit in my birth work, but mostly just on myself since I am not a practioner. Most notably, I used it this summer when in Koln and we were going up up up the stairs at the cathedral which is 157 meters - the last bit being open stairs to the bells. :help: I was determined to go to the top, despite a paralyzing fear of heights. I stood at the point where it got scary (where the steps are outdoors and open metal mesh) and my heart was pounding, my head spinning, my gut churning, the tears started flowing...and I started tapping. And I made it to the top!!! Anyone who knows me IRL knows how much of an incredible thing this is for me to have done.

I taught myself from the e-book at emofree.com but would really love to do a deeper study and practice of it, both for use with clients and my family.