Wow! Have you seen these diapers? G Diapers...

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Vanity Fair, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Vanity Fair

Vanity Fair Amity's Focus Member

I saw these at the LLLI Conference this week and I am extremely impressed. They had an exhibit table and I even took the shuttle back to the airport with one of their exhibitors, where I learned more about the dipes & the company. This is a great "in between" cloth & disposables. And the covers are super cute!!! I think they don't come out till October, but I am really excited about them because she says they'll have trainer sizes, too.

G DIAPERS
  2. huskrkid

huskrkid Got Yarn?

Very interesting! :happy:
  3. Shelly

Shelly Active Member

I'm looking at the link now, it's an interesting concept.
  4. Maiden Comfort

Maiden Comfort boobie juice maker

Hmm - not sure how my septic system would like that. And supposedly they're compostable - but not sure how dh would like that! lol
  5. Vanity Fair

I asked about septic because we have that right now for the first time in our lives and I know very little about it...but...they said it's perfectly septic tank friendly...anyone willing to test it out? LOL
  6. boyfactory

boyfactory Put down that stick..now!

Am I the only one distrubed that these still have the same little sodium polyacrylate gel balls in them? That is part of the reason I switched to cloth in the first place.
  7. Vanity Fair

I need to clarify it with them, because when I asked, I was under the impression that they are comparable to Tushies, etc, in the chemicals arena. I will email and ask.
  8. Sunni

Sunni Trying to find Peace

I dont mean to sound like a sceptic but, to me it looks like a a not very contoured disposable laid inside a heavy duty cover... and it will probably cost a fortune, like buying cloth diapers and still buying disposables. I am glad it is biodegradable but look at all the stuff you need to do to poopy filled diapers!

I also want to know how is that flushable part that much different from disposable diaper tree pulp "cloth" up against baby's skin? Maybe it has no plastic cover to it but it still has the absorbant fluff and super absorbant crystals. And wouldn't you be washing that outer part at least as much as you would a cover? maybe more because it doesn't even have a diaper with elastic to keep messes off it.

I guess I just don't get the big deal... I am a pessimist! :p
  9. Vanity Fair

I saw the product up close and felt them, too. The covers are similar to FBs in that they are very light and the only bulk is the insert. They are priced just about the same as the natural diapers that you'd get at the health food store or wherever for refills. The initial package, I think, is $25, then you just buy the refill packs for like $15 or something? I am very picky about diapers and I was impressed with the feel and look of them.
  10. Pixie's~Mama

Pixie's~Mama Seamstress in a RTW world

Interesting, very interesting... I wish there were more pics on the site... So, you saw these? What are they like? Do they feel substanial enough to be washed numerous times? The cover is totally reusable, right? How much will they cost?

ETA: Doh! I just saw you had already answered these questions. LOL Are there more pics on the site though, that I'm not seeing?

ETA again~ nevermind, I found the pics. :lol:
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  11. Vanity Fair

LOL! Well, for fear of stirring up some drama-rama, I won't say they are JUST like Fuzzi Bunz, but the inner felt like them and the outer felt like them, aside from that, they are nothing like them. That being said, they do velcro in the back, which rocks. You first buy the box with 2 covers and some of the inserts in it, then you buy the refills. They said they won't be selling them until October.