Wool Cover Care

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by choleblack, Apr 21, 2006.

1. choleblack

choleblack Amity's Focus Member

Help!

I sent my friend this wonderful super cute hand knit soaker from Marina for her newborn DD.

[​IMG]

She loves it but doesn't know how to care for it & she asked me for directions!

I have to admit that I never had a knitted soaker. I had 1 jersey wool wrap 3 years ago but it was for nighttime only & for a bigger kid. By now I've completely forgotten how I cared for the thing.

Basic directions, someone, anyone! Please!

Chole
  2. Megmama

Megmama Happy Happy Joy Joy

Unless it gets soiled or smelly she can use it over and over for about two weeks before washing with a wool wash like eucalan. I have lots of them because I make them myself and use them in a 2 week rotation, wash them all, lay them flat to dry, start again. Wool is soooooo nice and easy. Oh, make sure to rinse off all poop immediately..it's ok to rinse wool and lay it out to dry, just don't overdo it :D
  3. choleblack

choleblack Amity's Focus Member

oh yeah Eucalan. That does the relanolizeing too right so there won't be any extra steps to do that too right?

boy the things we forget.

Chole
  4. Tara62

Tara62 New Member

What I did was get lanolin from the pharmacy ($1-2 a tube, doesn't matter if it's hydrous or anhydrous), squirt an inch into a glass measuring jar, add water, nuke until the lanolin is melted, add baby shampoo, add to a sinkful of water (You want the end result water to be non-hot.). I let soak, then rinse, gently smush out as much water as I could, then lay flat to dry.