Wills and Guardianship.....

Discussion in 'Alternative Learning' started by Maidenmyhome, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Maidenmyhome

Maidenmyhome New Member

This weighs heavily on me some nights. If you have legal guardians for your children, will they continue to homeschool your kids ?
    How did you pick the right people/family ?

I could never imaging something happening to DH and I and in the midst of it all, my children being put into public school.
  2. hannahsorchard

hannahsorchard Happy... so very happy :)

When we were still homeschooling... that was honestly the least of our concerns if we were to die. We have really no one who we would trust with our children... if we were to find someone to take them, our concerns would be just getting their basic needs met and we decided there were things that we just had to let go of worrying about. Because I do remember homeschooling being one of those things we wanted to keep going. We wanted whoever was going to raise our kids to keep homeschooling, not vax them, etc. But in the end... I had to accept that they would most likely end up in school and being vaxed even...
    Our choices are kind of slim. We still don't have anyone chosen. Sigh.
  3. OnTheBrink

OnTheBrink Amity's Focus Member

My sister and I would have each other's kids. We are a Montessori family. Theirs is a traditional Catholic school family. While I wouldn't send my kids to their school and she wouldn't send hers to ours, if the kids end up joining a new family, a new school (with the cousins) will likely come into play. It's more important to be that my kids would be incorporated fully into their family than to stay at a Montessori school. And this is coming from a die hard Montessori mom!
  4. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

Choose someone who is loving and caring and could give the kids emotional support first and all else would work out.
    Don't fret about how schooling would unfold.
    It would be out of your hands and you want whomever would be caring for them to have the leeway to take the parental role to heart and do their best for the kids given the situation.