Why is it so hard for me to make a phone call?

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Help me find a way out of this one. I've tapped on basics and know of no past traumatic events with the telephone, so why is it so hard for me to call people? I'm not afraid. I'm not nervous about calling. There is just this wall. Any brilliant tapping thoughts?
  2. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

calling anyone?
    or someone(s) in particular?

A generic tapping phrase to try is;

Even though I don't know how to solve this phone calling problem..I am choose to surprise myself with miracles and insights.

Another way to go is...
    what is the feeling in your body when you are going to make a call...tap on the body feelings. cannot have an emotion without feeling it in your body. Mind/body:)
    You can see what comes up when you tap on the body feelings..or that might take care of it.

If you GUESSED...really guessed what the emotional reason was behind this resistance, what would it be?

Or call me. :lol:
  3. Natalia

Natalia New Member

:lol: I'll try your suggestions first.
  4. Linda

did you ever work on this one?
  5. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I've tapped when I need to make a call with some lessening of intensity of anxiety.

I have a phone call I need to make tomorrow night (it is to an 80-something yo woman who is still so busy that she is home for calls only after 10:00 p.m. :)). I will work on that during the day and let you know if it was easier.

-------

Oh. Oh! Editting to say that my big healing last Friday would probably explain this. But it is way too weird to post here.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  6. Linda

what is the answer when you ask yourself...
    First I am giving you the instructions to just guess...the first thing that comes to your mind when you ask youself this question...

I don't want to pick up the phone and call this person because...
  7. Natalia

Natalia New Member

...I am afraid to speak. Talking is scary, especially if I don't see the person. I'll be tapping on this today.
  8. Linda

I am afraid to speak because...

If I cannot see the person while I am talking to them it is scary because...

because, because, because....will get you deeper into it.:)