Why are my davorite WAHM diapers no longer being made? (big whine)

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Victoria, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Victoria

Victoria Member

I have some Sullybunz diapers size large that are just abut shot, but I just can't get rid of them since she's no longer making them. My newborns are in good shape, and I have a dozen one-sizes. Those were the ones I always reached for and I'm just plum sad.

So, anyone have a favorite WAHM still in business?
  2. MommytoTommy

MommytoTommy Active Member

My favorite is not in business anymore either. Cloud 9 closed up shop this year and I am bummed too.
  3. dr.j

dr.j New Member

I love Mudpie Babies fitteds. Stephanie has a lot of cute prints, and her workmanship is great. I bought 3 dipes from her almost a year ago, and they're still in really good condition. A more affordable option is Lucy's Hope Chest. I bought one of her dipes used, and it also still looks pretty new after a lot of use. I have side aplix Mudpies and side snap LHC. I think the LHC are trimmer, if that matters to you. She puts a lot of snaps on the dipes, so you can get a really good fit. I've never ordered from her directly, but plan to if I have another baby.
    HTH
  4. annsni

annsni Amity's Focus Member

Well, Ivy Rose were my favs but now Stephanie at Mudpie Babies is making them so I can still get them if I need them. Hmmm - I love Cloud 9s which I have a bunch of and Lucy's Hope Chest which you can still get. Other than the Ivy Rose and Cloud 9s, there's no dipes that are no longer being made that I want. Fortunately my stash is perfect so I'm pretty well set and my 2 year old will be potty training hopefully this summer then we'll be all done with dipes. :*(

Ann
  5. Victoria

Victoria Member

Well I guess I'll have a look at Mudpie Babies then. Thanks!
  6. crosseyedtoad

crosseyedtoad Our twins are "3" already

:( I know the feeling!

Pretty much ALL of my favorite diaper WAHMs from 2+ years ago are gone now. I am finding a bigger problem for me is I do not like the QD diapers at all! I hate how thin the new diapers are that are being made. :( I have found one really, really super diaper maker though. Her site does NOT do her diapers justice by any means. These are incredible diapers, thick and absorbent, but super trim fitting from the looks! Take a peek! She even embroiders the back side of her doubler to match the print!

These are amazing!

http://tykiediapers.com/
  7. LatteLover

LatteLover Amity's Focus Member

Because people get tired of sewing diapers, because often they really aren't making that much money at it, because running a business is stressful and can easily become more than "full time" hours and because after your own kids are no longer in diapers, it is hard to maintain the same level of passion about cloth diapers.... Just some of the reasons to answer the OP.
  8. Harmony

Harmony Spinning in Circles

My wahm diaper addiction days were back in 2000 and 2001 -- with our 3rd child I have restricted myself to just prefolds and wraps. lol

My favorites were Many Ducks. They were so beautiful and soft, well made and a perfect fit for my dd. I also liked the old Heavenly Hineys, Firefly, and Honey Boy.
  9. Heidiliz

Heidiliz Lucky mom of 4!

I miss my Peanut's Pants and my Puppy Dog Tails!!! They were my absolute favorites! I bought them when my 6 yr. old was a baby and still use them now. And, they're still in pretty decent shape. They are so nice and thick. Who cares if they take longer to dry? My kids have never had a single leak in these dipes! I'm sure some of the new diapers are nice and all but I have too much on my plate to worry about sticking inserts and doublers into all of the dipes. Give me a nice thick diaper!!! :heart:
  10. Patsy

Patsy just keep swimming

I searched while I was pg for my favorite oldies, and I was able to find some :)
    I LOVED Sullybunz too, they fit Jamie SO good.
    Mudpies are awesome diapers, I would definitely give them a try (she's at Midday Faire).

Also, Cloud 9 did sell, so hopefully we'll see them around sometime!
  11. Victoria

Victoria Member

I'm sorry, but I'm LOL here. I wrote the original post 6 days before my last baby was born, and here I am in the same boat. I was googling Sullybunz to see if anyone had something comparable when this post popped up. I saw it and thought, man this person must not use spell check! Then I saw who the OP was. Oops!
  12. momtokay

momtokay sleep deprived

:lol: too funny about finding an old post of yours. i've been putting out iso lists everywhere i can think of for some cloud 9 softies for our baby-to-be, but no luck. good thing i held onto our mediums...
  13. Maura

Maura Gene Genie

I just bought two (?) GREAT diapers from you a couple of weeks ago!:lol:
    That reminds me, later I need to update feedback.
  14. mamaterri

mamaterri New Member

cool shirts! wish I could sew that well
  15. Pooz

Pooz Guest

Roo bugs is my favorite and they are no longer being made either :(