where is a good place to buy organic prefolds?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by juicylucy, Feb 23, 2005.

1. juicylucy

juicylucy New Member

I use almost exclusively AIO's and have never even tried a prefold. However, I want to use my wool covers and hate fitteds, so where can I get some good ones for a good price? Also, what is the best way to sue them- snappis or pins? TIA!
  2. punkin

punkin Amity's Focus Member

I dont know about the best place to get them, but i have to say i love prefolds w/ a snappi. thats my main diaper stash. i have a few fitteds, and a few aio's, but i always go for the prefolds 1st.

i got mine from a lady on ebay, cant remember her name right now. I've been using my premium ones for a solid 28 mos (between 2 kiddo's) and they are just now getting worn out. i bought 2 doz. for about $50 shipped.

I fold the back down a little to make them the right size, lay babe down, fold sides in towards center, pull up between legs, fan the top out a little, just enough to make it reach, pull back side up over front, catch w/ the snappi, stretch it across and do the same on the other side.

we do not use the bottom piece of the snappi. When sarah was wearing them and learning to get off my bed and such, it came loose from the dipe and caught on the bed sheet. It really stretched it and when it came loose it snapped her and left a welt on her chest. :wah: since then, when we get new snappi's we immediately remove the bottom piece. And we never have a problem w/ not using it.

hope that helps.

ETA: the username i bought from was granitesmith, dont know if she is still there, but she had an ebay store.
  3. momto3

momto3 Amity's Focus Member

Hi Lucy :)

Have you tried calling Magical Child? Last time I was there they had organic and unbleached prefolds. I don't remember the price tho. They might special order them for you.

Are you staying dry down there??
  4. juicylucy

juicylucy New Member

nak

thanks ladies

Julie, not so dry, but today is finally sunny!
  5. Sustainer

Sustainer New Member

6. ~SolsticeMama~

~SolsticeMama~ New Member

Yea, I was going to say ecobaby too. As for pins vs. snappis you'll find arguements for both sides and probably it would be best to try both. Make sure you get Dritz pins tho since they are the strongest, sturdiest ones on the market. And to help them go into the layers of fabric keep them stuck in a bar of Ivory. I had a really hard time getting them in at first and once I started using the soap they slid right in. I'm a pins mama myself. I tried the snappis but found a)I couldn't get nearly as secure a fit as I could with pins and b)the snappi seemed to dig into my little guy's belly, even thru all that cloth it still seemed too tight.