where do I start...

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by mum21andtwins, Jun 2, 2009.

1. mum21andtwins

mum21andtwins New Member

I've been reading about eft for a couple of years. but I just don't know where to start.
    I guess I start looking at my life and just get overwhelmed with the amount of things that I want to tap on.
    I'm also unsure how to word my issues into tappable sentences.
    I guess I could tap on feeling overwhelmed but then I'm unsure of how....

Any help would be apreciated
  2. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

I completely identify with your post. I have found that when I cannot identify anything more than just being overwhelmed I just tap on that - and overtime the very specifics may come to reveal themselves to you.

Go to EFT Home - World Center for EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) and there search "overwhelmed". You will find a list of items. Look and see if anything there speaks to you.
  3. mum21andtwins

mum21andtwins New Member

Thanks!
    After I posted I found an unused notebook on my desk so I've started carrying that around and writing things down throughout the day as a start and I'll go from there. I'll see where I go
  4. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

That is a great idea. There is a wonderful eft technique that you can do with memories that you can list. I think it is called PPP. I'll try to find the link that Linda made a few months ago,
  5. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I am sorry I missed this the first time around. HOw are you doing with tapping in general. Do you have any questions?

When you are wondering what to tap on...
    you can do a couple of things.
    1) make a list of all the events that you wish never happened..or that have intensity to them. Then look over the list and see what stands out. Clear them as you notice them. If you do one a day most days, you will have almost 30 issues cleared in a month! :)
    2) just tap round the points and notice what is going on in your body...like a meditation...and tap on the feelings in your body and notice what comes up. Is there tightness in your chest, tightness in your back? HEaviness in your stomahc? Do you see someone's face? Remember a scene? A memory? Follow the path...NOTICE what is going on....

If you are interested in my doing group call, let me know. you can learn a lot as well as get the benefits of tapping with others.