What size cpf?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by YurtDweller, Jun 29, 2005.

1. YurtDweller

YurtDweller New Member

Hello, new here!

My first dd was 9 lbs 8 oz at birth. I'm thinking my second dd will be more or less the same. And I can't decide which size cpf to buy. I'm leaning towards the premium size. Or maybe buy one dozen infant and two dozen premium?

Help?
  2. Sherri

Sherri Member

I think premium would be big even on a 9 lb baby.

What about the regular size? They are between infant and premium. I used regulars on my kids and they lasted from birth (I have big babies too) till about 25 pounds or so (which for my kids was around 8 months) and at that point they were ready for the premium sized. :)
  3. tigerchic89

tigerchic89 New Member

My dd was 9# 5 oz at birth. We used infant (dk green stitching( and they were perfect. AT 1 month she was 12 lbs even. 1 week later, it is getting hard to snappi the infant size. I have 2 cpf's that have bright green stitching and are a bit larger and those fit perfect now. The regular size is still big, but I can use it now with creative folding. The premiums are too big right now.

My advice to you would be.....

1 dozen infant
    some fitteds or regualrs for that inebtween stage
    1-2 dozen premium to be used at 2 to 3 months.

HTH
  4. YurtDweller

YurtDweller New Member

Thanks you two! Yes, I was thinking 1 dozen infant and 1 dozen premium. I just found out that a friend will give me about 30 MEOS (I have mixed feelings about those, but it will be a good start). I'm also getting a couple of Kissluvs and hoping someone will gift me with a BizzyBHive hemp fitted!
  5. Harmony

Harmony Spinning in Circles

I never used my premiums. They were just too bulky. But I'm the fold in thirds and lay in a wrap kind of diaperer. :) We only used infant size. They worked great up to size L Cot'nwrap.
  6. mama2anna&henry

mama2anna&henry New Member

Re: I used infant for a couple of months on my kidos

That always seemed to work then I moved up. I wanted a smaller diaper to stick in the covers opposed to a bulky fitting diaper. I think the regulars would work too, might be a little bulky when baby first comes home, but not for long. ;) My babies were big also.

I hope that helps.
    Sincerley,
    Jennifer =0)
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  7. Harmony

Harmony Spinning in Circles

Hi Jennifer!
    I bought my ubcpfs and my Cot'nwraps from you! :happy:
  8. mama2anna&henry

mama2anna&henry New Member

Re: WHoo Hoo! I am glad to hear that. =0)

I love knowing I have mama's on this board that are also my customers. I like people her a lot-pretty loving & open minded group.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2005