What might you tap on?

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Rhea, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Hi Ladies,

I just dropped my baby (okay, she's 13) off at the local school for her first trip away from home by plane without me. I have such mixed emotions! I'm thrilled that she has this opportunity (the volleyball team is flying over to Seldovia to play that school and another that is also flying or ferrying over) but... well, mostly I think it's a mama milestone I'm having difficulty with. She's been away at horse camp before, but it's held just down the road from us and I drive her there and see her most every day since I'm usually doing crafts with the campers. So yeah, it's a mama milestone with this being the first time she's flown without me, gone somewhere far away without me (and it's not even that far, not really, you just can't get there except by plane or ferry) but also, it's the flying, and over water. And recently one of these small planes crashed and all 9 people on board died, all fathers. Simply put, I'm emotional.

I've tapped on the mama milestone thing, and on her being safe, on positive things like how happy I am that she has this opportunity and what a great time they will have, but I'm still super duper emotional.

I thought I'd ask you all for suggestions.

Thanks, and :heart:
    Rhea
  2. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

I am kicking myself. Seldovia is getting heavy snowfall and freezing fog. It doesn't look like the girl's will be able to fly out today (they were supposed to have left over three hours ago) and the forecast isn't good for the next four days. There are so many things she can't eat and I only sent her with enough food for the expected trip. When she last called she said they had bought eggs so I guess (hope!) that means she has a way to cook them other than the microwave they said would be provided. I feel so stupid! I usually think better than this.

She's really bummed and ready to be home already.

Rhea
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

{{{Hugs}}}

well.
    the theme that comes up for me with kids..and wanting to protect them from everything..is just that. Wanting to protect them from everything..not being able to and feeling helpless.

The fact that she has her own life path to go...that you can not be with her every minute of every day...she has her own successes and failures....to experience all herself without you there.

IN EFT format:)~in YOUR WORDS.

{{{HUGS}}}
  4. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Hi Linda,
    Thanks for the input.
    :heart:
    Rhea