What do you wash your dipes in?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by gypsimama, Apr 24, 2005.

1. gypsimama

gypsimama in a state of flow

We've always used bio-kleen, but now we have a few fuzzi buns and have used tham a handfull of times and they stink. Is it just the fuzzi bunz? Or do I need to change detergents for a bit?

Thanks,
    Kaight
  2. MonsterBabyMama

MonsterBabyMama New Member

I use arm & hammer with some vinegar thrown in the rinse cycle....when I catch it.
  3. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

I use vinegar too when needed. You can also add borax or baking soda to neutralize the odors.
  4. WAHMto5

WAHMto5 New Member

We use Sport Wash here and LOVE it! I only use pockets and with anything else they were getting a slight odor. Nothing with the Sportwash and you can get it at Walmart (made by the same company as Sensi~clean). The only problem is a sporting good product (made for hunters) so it is seasonal from late August to late April.
  5. TheDoodysMom

TheDoodysMom Member

Fuzzi Bunz and Bi-O-Kleen are really not a good combination. Bi-O-Kleen contains natural oils which can make the microfleece repell urine. It also causes that stink. If you want to use a natural detergent, Mother Of Eden (the Fuzzi Bunz company) recommends Allen's Naturally. Most other natural detergents contain the oils which make fleece repell. The company also advises against using Free&Clear detergents. I've used Cheer, Tide, Gain, and SportsWash/Sensi Clean on my pockets with no problems. HTH!! :)
  6. Selissa

Selissa Who said I was Girly????

i use baking soda and tea tree oil in my first wash and vinegar in the second
  7. jeanbean

jeanbean I like zucchini

I was having the same problem with my diapers after a while. I have been using the pro-wraps with pre-folds from the beginning, but added some AIO's when my son got older. They did start to get stinky. I was advised to stop using the Free and Clear detergent and put baking soda in the inital soak and vinegar in the rinse. That has worked pretty well. You can add the vindger into the fabric softner resevoir so you don't have to wait around to catch the rinse cycle.

If you're interested in trying the Allen's Laundry Detergent, here's a new WHAM store with some great prices:

Mummy's Naturals

-Jeannine
  8. MonsterBabyMama

MonsterBabyMama New Member

I just started using Allen's Naturally and love it! I am doing their drop ship program at Seasons Originals now.