What do you use on your super heavy wetter at night?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by herc, May 1, 2006.

1. herc

herc Amity's Focus Member

Thats it, lol. We use so much that simon looks like he is packing i dont know what into that diaper-- AND he REEKS by the morning. Looking to see if I can find something a smidge trimmer, and perhaps less smelly (or is this a diaper problem??? it seems like a pee problem though??)

eta simon is a bit over 30lbs
  2. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

the smelly part is probably a diaper problem. what are you using now?
  3. willowsmama

willowsmama New Member

Have you tried the microfiber cloths in the auto aisle from WM? I've heard they're too drying to be placed next to skin but you could wrap it in a pf .....

I use a toddler pf with an infant pf trifolded. Longies over it all.
  4. brayg

brayg Evil Genius

are you using hemp? Hemp tends to get smelly due to buildup.
  5. midwesternmomma

midwesternmomma New Member

I double stuffed a FB at night and never had a leek, way back when.... what are you using now?
  6. hachacha

hachacha Not quite super mom

We're using the FBs at night (double stuffed) at its working well for Kai at night. He's 31lbs at pees like a monster!
  7. Barb

Barb Moderator Staff Member

I used to double stuff a fuzzibunz but roman even leaked thru those.
    We use Huggies overnights ;)
  8. herc

herc Amity's Focus Member

oh currently most of the time we use a lukes cotton candy with a trifold soaker, a heavy duty soaker insert and another that is fleece topped. Over that I usually use a pull on fleece soaker. Sometimes I use the one wool pull on we have, and sometimes the diaper or inserts will vary.
  9. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

we use 3 micro inserts in a FB. some days it seems like he could use only 2 , but when I skip on th e3rd he leaks and when i use the 3rd it seem,s its always overkill..lol I can't win , but 3 definately stops the leaks and it is not THAT bulky , ok maybe i m stretching the truth a bit on that:eek:
  10. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

I use this, Little M's Nighter Dider. I have used it both in a Little M's and as just an insert in a pocket. What I like about it is (if I ever needed to) I could add more absorbancy into the tri fold. It is a three layer hemp tri fold soaker, and Mikayla (who used to wake up in the middle of the night wet) is now not only sleeping through the night, she is dry enough in the morning that if I was not grossed out by her being in it, I could probobly leave her for an hour or two in the diaper I put on the night before. I have not tested that out, cause yuck, but it is not nearly drenched when I take it off in the morning. I also like the fact that as I wash it, it gets trimmer and trimmer. At first hemp is really bulky, but as you wash it a few times it settles into itself and becomes trimmer. HTH. I have also had luck with hemp 2 (both parts) wonderfuls inserts in both fb's and roos. But those are pretty damp in the morning when I change her.
  11. Selissa

Selissa Who said I was Girly????

I LOVE Brayg's dipes for over night..they are excellent...one of those with wool is the only vaugly trim thing other than a sposie that keps lu dry at night
  12. brayg

brayg Evil Genius

awww...:heart: thanks Selissa! Does that XL fit Lu well?

13. artemis33

artemis33 Amity's Focus Member

Stuffed Happy hempy is all that gets me through the night...but I'm not very experienced...DD is much smaller...