What do you use for cloth wipe solution?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by rhiannon353, Apr 20, 2005.

1. rhiannon353

rhiannon353 New Member

I have been using Baby Bits by Denise for my cloth wipe solution. They are okay, but not perfect. I've been having to add a few drops of tea tree oil because I was getting a weird odor with just the baby bits. I'd like to try something different. I just wondered what others use. It would be nice if I could make it myself, but I would be willing to buy premade as well.

Thanks!
  2. huskrkid

huskrkid Got Yarn?

I just mix Dr. Bronner' Baby wash and some Burt's Bees baby oil & sometimes a few drops of Lavender eo in a squeeze bottle (can't use tto on ds's booty) and shake it up really good. Then I have another squeeze bottle that I just fill with water & a couple of quirts of the mix & Voila! That's it. Nothing scientific about it & it works great for us.
  3. branwyn

branwyn fasting and cleansing

email me if you want to stay in touch - madhousema
    yep another dr. bronners fan here -
    we use a pampered chef foamer and put in dr. bronners, aloe gel, lavendar, tea tree oil and infused calendula oil. then add filtered water and the foamer makes it all foamy for us.
  4. rhiannon353

rhiannon353 New Member

Is it a baby wash by Dr. Bronner. I have some Dr. Bronner's but I believe it's called 18-in-1 Castille soap. Is it the same thing, or is there one specifically for babies?
  5. huskrkid

huskrkid Got Yarn?

6. Piffle

Piffle Luxe mama

I use lavendar essential oil and a a little bit of sweet almond oil. I get both at the health food store. I've heard that peppermint is nice but too much can burn babies skin. hth
  7. MonsterBabyMama

MonsterBabyMama New Member

I use water, TTO, and GSE in a rectangle rubbermaid container...I put the wipes in with the solution, then just grab 'em as I need 'em.
  8. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

I can't recall what GSE is?

I bought a wipe warmer and will put the solution in there with a few wipes and replenish it as necessary.
  9. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

I really like this idea branwyn! I think I might do this instead and then I can alos put it in the dipe bag too! I think I will add EOs to my baby wish list. Thank you!!!!

What kind of aloe gel do you use?
  10. MonsterBabyMama

MonsterBabyMama New Member

GSE is grapefruit seed extract. It's an antimicrobial...fights fungus, yeast infections, bacteria, etc. Here's an interesting article: http://www.dreamhawk.com/gse.htm
  11. lupineperriwink

lupineperriwink Gnome Queen

Can someone post what the mixture is in measure please? I am new to cloth diapering and am really clueless with this!