What detergent do you use for your cloth diapers?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by SierraLily, Jan 15, 2006.

1. SierraLily

SierraLily Mountain Mama

I have tried Bio Kleen...but what else is there to try? What do you u se and why?
  2. ~MamaCharly~

~MamaCharly~ Moderator Staff Member

I tried lots of different detergents and the only one I found that left them smelling really clean and no residue was Tide.
  3. treecitydiapers

treecitydiapers New Member

I use Allen's Naturally cause I love it. We use it on our diapers and our clothes. It rinses well and we have never had smell problems or buildup.

Allen's is also produced locally to me so that is another reason I like to support them.
  4. OnTheBrink

OnTheBrink Amity's Focus Member

I've used All Free and Clear for all our laundry for about 5 years now. I love it. Scent free, cleans well... but I only use about half the amount they suggest.
  5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Guest

same here:cuc:
  6. Alkenny

Alkenny New Member

I alternate Sportwash and All (the small and mighty one, not free and clear) and only use 1/4 of what they call for.
  7. kylenseansmom

kylenseansmom New Member

I LOVE natural Family Boutiques diaper wash. Its worked wonders on the smells and I dont have to add anything to it, its made for diapers.
  8. Stargazer441

Stargazer441 Searching

I use Sun & Earth. I get it through the coop so it's cheaper. If I run out of that, I use All Free & Clear. :)
  9. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

I use Purex, never tried Allens Naturally, athough I would like to. Would like to try sport wash too, but haven't. Have tried Tide, it left my dipes stinking of urine and fragrance, so, since I'm broke, I buy Purex.
  10. Jenn4262

Jenn4262 Following my path

me three!
  11. AdronsCatherine

AdronsCatherine New Member

I used Sportswash until Ellie was eating solids lol and it stopped working for us. Now I use about a teaspoon of Melaleuca's dish soap, and I've had no problems. I also will use regular Melaleuca detergent, just a very small amount, but I like the way the dish soap works better. I also put a few drops of tea tree/melaleuca oil in the wash.

I had been having stink issues (seems that Ellie's urine is very stinky), so I start with a rinse of baking soda and pet stain remover...

It's been working great for about 6-8 months now :)

ETA Ellie has unbelieveably sensitive skin and All, Tide, and Purex broke her bottom out.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  12. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

yep...what she said

i also use only 1/2 the amt
  13. Cloth4Colin

Cloth4Colin Member

We use Arm and Hammer Free and Clear and really like it...it's fairly cheap too. For our clothes, we use Sun because it is SUPER cheap (well, the cheapest at WM) and I tend to like the smell.
  14. Maura

Maura Gene Genie

Well, what *haven't* I tried! I am now using Sun because someone on a diaper forum suggested it. It was *super* cheap- about 4.00 for a huge jug of the stuff! Today I used it and then I rinsed the diapers about 4 times..now they smell completely odor free:flowerkit
    I had found some Sport Wash at the local WM a few months ago. I did like it, but it's nowhere to be found here now. If the Sun works well I will just keep using it. No sense spending more $$ if I don't need to...but I tend to product hop, so maybe I'll switch again if someone recommends a different product:)
    One question, though, what is the reason the diaper companies never recommend using Free/Clear laundry products?
  15. Jazzymama

Jazzymama New Member

After trying a few different washing solutions, I have choosen Tide Free, but only about 1/2 recommended. It cleans great and no buildup so far!
  16. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

purex OR all free& clear whichever is cheapest usually...i use era for clothes...