What denomination, if any are you?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Discussions' started by Barb, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Barb

Barb Moderator Staff Member

I'm curious for the spiritual mamas. If you believe in Jesus - what denomination are you, and what does that mean to you?
  2. IrishAngel

IrishAngel Not broken, just bent Staff Member

If we had to stick to one label, it would be messianic. We believe in Jesus, we believe that he died for our sins, but we don't believe that Jesus came to create a new covenant with Gods people and an entirely new religion.
  3. Barb

well I was born to a jewish mother in a jewish Family, and raised agnostic Jewish, so I guess I'm messianic too in a sense. But we're practicing Christians. We go to church, but I still make Passover Seder and we celebrate Chanukah. I also make a mean matzo ball soup lol. We were attending a Luthern church for many years. I am trying to figure out all the denominations, what the branch off's are all about and see where we'd fit. My husband was born and raised Catholic til he was about 8 or 9, then they went to the Baptist church for some years. I have visited alot of churches, but I really don't understand all the different denominations.
  4. djmdj

djmdj Changing the world!

United Methodist
  5. Barb

So how does Methodist differ from Lutheran? We've been practicing Lutherans for a few years now. I guess I don't understand the differences.
  6. deb215

deb215 Active Member

I was raised catholic but drifted away during my 20s. began attending a nondenominational church sporadically due to a friend performing in the band but the pastors just didn't click with me so Im still looking.