what are y'all cooking for christmas?

Discussion in 'Special Diet' started by MMJoiner, Dec 23, 2010.

1. MMJoiner

MMJoiner New Member

What kind of gluten free goodies are you making?

I"m looking for some sort of breakfast idea that will be easy. Dh and I are usually up late xmas eve, and then up way too early xmas day.

I'm thinking about putting something in the crockpot and making pancakes.

What are you making?
  2. Dannielle

Dannielle Princess Nimble-Thimble

For me I'm making a crustless quiche with lots of veggies to take along to a place where the menu will be lasagna and garlic bread. Mine's going to be dinner but it would definitely work for breakfast
  3. MMJoiner

MMJoiner New Member

I've never made a quiche.

We always have the same meal at every holiday- turkey, ham, dressing. I'll make dd some dressing of her own, and I'm going to try a gf cranberry apple cake
  4. cathleenc

cathleenc dirty. good dirt.

I made a huge huge batch of fabulous tamales - pork in a chili sauce filling. Tamales and christmas are inseparable to me after living in southern california for many years and they make the best left overs and 'snacks' from the freezer (microwaved).

We had gf pancakes, homemade maple syrup, and Jones Farm breakfast sausage for breakfast. Roasted one of our heritage turkeys for dinner, made a gf chocolate-sweet potato cake for desert. Tamales all day whenever anyone had the urge. Busy making stock from the turkey carcass, turkey soup on the menu for tonight. Just made a batch of gf cherry-chocolate-almond scones.

Yummy.