Wanting to become a dipe junkie!

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Mom2OneSoon2, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Mom2OneSoon2

Mom2OneSoon2 New Member

I have no clue on where to start what to do.

I want to cloth diaper this upcoming baby that is due.

I looked into it and seem to think from what i read the fuzzibunz, mommystouch and bum genuis are what i should start out with.

So I looked into them and they seem to be so pricey for one diaper.

Does anyone know any place where i can find them for a good deal?

Any help would be awesome!

THANKS
  2. sofysmommy

sofysmommy New Member

If you do not mind buying used then you should try diaperswappers.com and /or diaperpin forums.Lots of wahm with good advice there too who could guide you in the right direcction. good luck!

sara
  3. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

If you want brand new Abbys Lane offers free shipping on all orders in the cont. US, plus if you join her yahoo group, you get an additional %5 off. A lot of the ladies at diaperswappers buy from her because of the shipping and discount and she is a super nice mama to work with.
  4. ~Meeshi~

~Meeshi~ Also Known As Michelle

There are ways to cloth diaper efficiently without breaking the bank, too. I have bought some prefolds and a few new covers, but other than that my whole dipe stash is gently used (though still beautiful) and bought for a great price or traded. I have an insane newborn and small stash (3 doz prefolds, 20 or so fitteds, 15 covers) and have paid about $65 out of pocket for everything so far.
  5. Mom2OneSoon2

Mom2OneSoon2 New Member

thanks so much ladies!
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Wanted to add that buying new is sometimes a better deal since the diapers do wear out over time. I bought used diapers last spring/summer and now most of my elastic is worn out and holes are developing on some of the knits. It is an inital investment, but you also can recoup with more than one child using them, or reselling later. If you are registering, see about some of the web sites that have that service and specifically request cds from your good friends.
  7. scubamom

scubamom New Member

i use motherease one size, which are great value for money, as can use from NB until potty trained. I am using the same dipes on my toddler and my 4 month old right now. they are a great workhorse dipe, not pretty or fancy but they work really well, and wear great. No leaks or problems, i personally didnt like anything else i tried as much.

Cloth in general does seem expensive per diaper, but when you work out how much you would spend on sposies over the course of 2 yrs and how often that one diaper would be worn its worth it at least 4 times over.
  8. mamajandtheboys

mamajandtheboys Amity's Focus Member

just wanted to say don't spend a lot until you know what is going to work for you. (ask me how i know this ;) ) There are so many good options out there -- but until you know from actually using the diapers, it's disheartening to spend $ after $ and then not have whatever it is work for you.
    my suggestion: buy one or two of everything that piques your interest -- buy used, and then when you see what you like, *then* go on a spending spree and buy only what you know firsthand works for you and your particular baby.