WAHHHHHHHHHHH! New diapers already have shot elastic, and it's all my fault!

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by crosseyedtoad, Jun 8, 2005.

1. crosseyedtoad

crosseyedtoad Our twins are "3" already

I am going to cry, I just ruined my Tykies and a bunch of my Nanipoo newborn diapers. I added oxiclean to them and it killed the elastic. I am so ticked, all my other diapers were fine, but, of course leave it to oxiclean to ruin my favorites!

I guess this is also a warning! :(

Running off to pout now! Aboiut $200.00 worth of diapers down the drain!
  2. Gypsylily

Gypsylily Guest

Ugh! HOw are the twins doing? How is nursing going? :happy:
  3. PoetMom

PoetMom Changing my family tree.

Bummer! First the bleach, now the oxyclean! Can I tell you my secret for white, clean baby clothes and diapers? I just added a cup of baking soda to the wash (at the start, with the regular detergent) and dialed in an extra rinse. It worked great, no stains, no odors, even in very hard water. You can get baking soda bulk at Sam's club or any bulk baking or food storage supply place. It's not expensive and it's very effective.
  4. SweetnSour

SweetnSour Bringing Happy back :D

Oh no :( that stinks.

I guess I was lucky I oxycleaned mine at least once a month and never had a problem with elastics getting shot.

Like my best friend says, get prefolds, you'll never have a fit or elastic problem with them, lol.
  5. Glitterbeam

Glitterbeam Expelliarmus!

Oh, no. That sucks! :eyes:
  6. crosseyedtoad

crosseyedtoad Our twins are "3" already

Tried the oxiclean, because..............

I had accidently thrown a red top in with the batch and they all turned pink
    :(. I also ruined a TON of covers, etc. I feel like a total moron. I NEVER, EVER use bleach because I always ruin something with it, evidently so does my Mom, LOL!

The boys are doing great, BUT, Carter is no longer nursing, he is on the bottle with formula <lactofree>, we were having a really hard time getting him to nurse, and he was not gaining like he should have been, I also know my milk supply was not sufficient at that time for both. I put Carter on formula last week (still rarely get him to nurse) and he has now gained 1# 2 oz, in the last week, Collin also gained 14oz in the last week, so despite my terrible time giving up nursing both of them, they are both actually doing better with their weight gain since I made the decision. I am hoping Carter will start to nurse again in the future, I think it was just so crazy here, and when I brought Collin home Carter decided he did not want to share his Mama.
  7. Craftymom

Craftymom love to get creative....

That stinks.....
    at least it wasn't ALL your diapers. On the bright side...LOL you just taught me what not to do...
    Jodi