Tossing out diapers

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by oceana, Feb 24, 2005.

1. oceana

oceana New Member

I cloth diaper, my son has never worn a disposable. I have friends who use disposables, (not everyone can be perfect right ):D

Anyhow when they come over what should I ask them to do with their disposables? I mean... I know the WHO suggests cleaning even disposables before tossing because one shouldnt sent biological waste to the dump. Also since we dont have the issue we just dont take out our garbage that often. We have pick up once a week and only take the garbage out then cause we just dont need it more often and even then only take it to the road about every other week.

Is it rude to have a "take your own crap with you" policy?

Thanks
    julie
  2. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

i usually just tell them i don't have a diaper pail for those kind of diapers. if they ask for a grocery bag to bag it in..i give them one...they usually tie it up and put it in my garbage can. (grocery bag keeps the stink in)

i wish they would take it with them...but i don't have that many people over with sposies that it causes a problem.

i usually just work on converting them to cloth!! :)
  3. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

If someone is about to diaper change at my home.......

I ask that they "Please take the dirty diaper home with them when they go" and ask if they need a bag to put it in. I say it nicely and before hand so they know the score and aren't wondering where to put it after the change.

If its a stinky diaper I tell them they can leave it on the front porch near the door to take on the way out.

I just don't want to have disposables in my own garbage and figure they would take it with them if they were at various places which didn't have a garbage can anyway.
  4. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

And when they ask you "Why?" with a very confused look, what do you say?
  5. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

LOL

I have never had anyone ask!

They must be pretty good at figuring out why OR not wanting to know why.

I guess they all know I used cloth and don't want stinky diapers in my trash......lol.

You could just say "I don't want soiled diapers in my trash....you can take them home to yours ;) (then actually smile and wink)"
  6. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

If you knew me you would think it odd that I could possibly say "This intimidates me."

I had never really thought about people throwing their sposies in my trash, but now I am thinking twice.