The hazards of suburban yard paraphenalia in the country.

Discussion in 'Homesteading' started by MissNairne, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MissNairne

MissNairne All new, with added NAK!

We found a dead fox in our above ground pool today. :eyes:

It's been given a proper burial, and now we have to figure out what to do about the pool.
  2. WTH?! that is nuts!
  3. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

I live in suburbs and find interesting wild life quite more often than you'd think.

Dead ones too.

Poor dear fox. Poor beloved pool.
  4. Katie

Katie Amity's Focus Member

Wow. has it been dry in your area? Fashion up a ramp to put in the pool at night. Even an aluminum or fiberglass step ladder set at an angle.

I cant think of other things right now that won't funk up your pool or that aren't built from wood. In from sweaty chores, taking a break, my :p trouble shooting skills must have been left outside in the dirt. lol.
  5. cathleenc

cathleenc dirty. good dirt.

so sorry! poor fox....
  6. MissNairne

MissNairne All new, with added NAK!

Thanks all~

It was pretty depressing. Poor thing. Good looking, healthy young fox. :( Meg keeps adding new wildflowers to its little grave.

It must have gotten in from a lawn chair that Ben had propped up against the side, but once it was in, it couldn't gain purchase to get itself out. :( Totally our fault. We are going to make damn sure there is never anything leaning against the pool ever again.

As it is, we have to drain the pool and start over. It passed fecal matter as it died, and we couldn't get that out successfully, so we are dumping, bleaching and refilling.

What a nasty lesson to learn.