Tell me about tapping on a specific illness/ailment

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by bubbles, Nov 22, 2008.

1. bubbles

bubbles New Member

My 3yo has a terrible cough. I have tried surrogate tapping on my kids before for a cough, but no luck. What works for some of you for tapping on something like a cough? I have been successful w/ surrogate tapping on things like nightmares but can't seem to get anywhere w/ physical illnesses/ailments.

Linda, I know you have had some success w/ your kids but I don't know specifically what you did. I am hoping others here have some insight too. I thought it would be an interesting discussion for everyone. I am sure my kids won't be the only ones w/ a cough this season!
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

3. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Thanks for searching that out! I will give it a try.
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I have a lot to say about this....as usual.

First off,
    tap on your concerns about your child being sick. Where is YOUR resistance? What do you feel, see hear when you hear him cough?(remember take what works, throw away the rest)
    Feel helpless?
    anything else?
    Cough annoying to you? How do you feel when you hear it?
    Belief that because it is winter that he will be sick a bunch?
    Are you a bad mom..is that why he is sick?

Then when you feel more present for your child you can say "I am tapping for _____________" and just tap on yourself. You do not need to tap on them directly. Just picture him in your mind.
    Tap on the symptoms...
    the cough...what does it sound like...what other symptoms are there?
    fever? Tap on all the aspects. that he does not want to do...cuz of the cough...
    I like this article as well.
    Creative uses of EFT for a child’s fever

You can continue to tap for him a couple of minutes a few times a day....and see what happens.

If you do not notice shifts...

you can tune into him..and ask
    IF there was an emotional component to this phsyical symptom what would it be?
    If you could trust the answer that comes up...what is the event that is responsible for the cough?

I am about to go do this for A.
    HTH!
    If not, you know where to find me!
  5. Linda

6. bubbles

bubbles New Member

I used a similar technique to the one that Natalia posted. His cough was already improving by then but I did tap on it awhile. By later in the afternoon it was completely gone. I like to think it helped. I have done some tapping on the other cold symptoms but haven't seen much change. I knew Linda would have a new twist on it:). I will work w/ that and see if it makes any difference in this particular cold or subsequent ones. He is on about his 400th cold since August so he can use all the help I can muster up. Hmmm...my being annoyed by his cough? My resistance? You know there is none of that going on here Linda. lol.
  7. bubbles

bubbles New Member

8. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Since he seems to be getting sick so much, maybe somthing else is going on. Since Linda has the emotional side well covered, I will throw out some possible physical issues. What about asking (and tapping on if you feel a yes) about food allergies (maybe milk?), environmental allergens (is he getting sick at school, after certain situations?). Is his immune system not functioning at an optimal level?

Gary's recent newsletter had an article about a parent surrogage tapping for a child with autism on all sorts of allergies and digestive issues with great success. He did not give details (I already wrote to the practioner and asked and he said he will put something together since so many people inquired) -- but the point is that EFT can and does work on allergens, sensitivities and physiological disturbances that may be contributing to physical ailments.
  9. Linda

welll...
    she has one this week. No symptoms since then until this week. That is the issue I am focused on right now.
    :hoo: :eek:
    It is so tricky...being mom, wanting to help and fix and...
    ugh.
    trying to stay out of your own way when it comes to kids can be tricky. I'm getting there...
    how is his cough today?
  10. bubbles

bubbles New Member

I've been working on his immune system for a long time. I haven't used EFT to try to figure things out. It has become pretty overwhelming just trying to work on nutritional issues and supplements. Interesting about the EFT and trying to figure out the issues. I will think more on that.
  11. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Bummer :(. I was hoping to hear she was free of them.

His cough is gone. The runny nose is non-stop. I tapped a bit on your suggestions above but nothing came to me. We'll see if it makes any difference.
  12. Linda

Well, wanna surrogate tap for A? And I can surrogate tap for Q? Non mom tapping :lol:
    Worth a try:p
    I'll give it a try tonite.
    The cough being gone is pretty big.
  13. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Sure. Why not :)
  14. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Another thing to tap on is to tap on getting wisdom for the next step. It can be overwhelming deciding where to focus our efforts. So tapping on discerning the next step for our children.

Hugs to all and children,
    D.
  15. Kat Miller

Kat Miller New Member

Bubbles, consider also that a cough may mean dehydration.
    You may wish to watch water intake when a child gets
    sick.
  16. bubbles

bubbles New Member

That is a good point. I don't always remember to increase the water. I know it can be helpful w/ congestion and cough but the trick is remembering and then doing it!

Sybil
  17. Linda

Remember it does not HAVE to be water...
    smoothies,
    juices(but fresh squeezed/pressed..)
    soups with sea salt
    etc.
    Aidra is always a great water drinker, but with these UTI's she stopped. So I made sure she had lots of intake that was fluid...as above. We have a smoothie every day, soup every day and I also give them bubbly spring water. WHen I am inspired I use the juicer to make carrot juice with an apple and some beets.

:)