Tapping on the Treasure Map

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

When I was learning to do vision boards, my friend and facilitator often suggested that we dialogue with the images on our boards, asking: Who are you? Why are you here? What do you have to teach me?

I think this would be a great way to use the TMs with EFT.

I plan to look at one image a day and do just that kind of dialogue with tapping.
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I have to say this treasure map is a lot of work! Not that I am adverse to that..but sheesh, the amount of magazines! I think I might start drawing and writing words...

Thanks for the links!
  4. Natalia

Natalia New Member

When I first learned to do vision boards (in an evening retreat type thingy), our teacher gave us a limited time (15 min) to choose a bunch of magazines. Then, maybe 30 min to flip through and quickly pull out the pages that speak to us. Then, about 30 more minutes to glue them down. The idea was to let your intution work and not question too much. (Hence the dialoguing with the images when things we did not understand were pasted on our boards.)

If the whole thing is getting overwhelming, maybe a similar approach would work and help you get it all down quickly.
  5. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

Thank you so much for those articles, Natalia. I needed that.
  6. Natalia

Natalia New Member

You're welcome Jody. Isn't it amazing? We know the stuff, we work on it -- and we need to work on it some more. :p Sometimes I feel like I'm reading and working on the same issues for years now. But when I look at myself objectively, I see I've come a long way. And still have a long way to go :lol:

That just made me think of learning that you have to put those little arrows on either end of a line (otherwise it is a line segment) and that the line goes to infinity in both directions. That's how I feel about my growth as a human being. There is no end. The important thing, I suppose, is that every place on the line is a good place to be at that moment.
  7. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I have to say this is a LOT of work!!!! I am really enjoying but WOW. just finding pics is a challenge.

I think I am going to draw and write words as well so I don't get all caught up in finding just the right pics.