Tapping on my daughter...

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Morgansma, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

seems to have brought her some peace! She has been out of sorts lately & her behavior has not been so good. We're only been at it a few days yet I see a change. SO exciting!!
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

That's great!
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

That is such good news:) When my 6 yo taps with me we get such good results. but she is super resistant..so it only happens if she has nightmares. Which seem to have stopped totally thanks to EFT~lol!

A couple of techniques I find *really* helpful with kids...(I don't know how old your daughter is...but I'll put this here anyway)
    Just let them talk about stuff...and have them tap. For example, at the end of the day ask them about school (or just their day) in a conversational way. They can tap while telling you abot it and if emotions come up the tapping will help them release it. Like "Johnny called me stupid today and said I can't be his best friend anymore..."
    Also if they have a story you can use the mvie technique with them. HAve the1) tell their story while tapping
    2) tell the story but inserting some cartoon characters in for the people in the story. KIds LOVE this..it makes it silly and non-threatenting and totally changes the way they see the story.
    3) have them tell the story the way they would have wanted it to happen. the 'as if' frame. Kids often really like this too...they like the control of rewriting their story.

I don't know how old she is, but I feel so lucky we can give them a self help tool.(not that they will necessarily use it~lol!) but it is simple...and they can use it anywhere. It is just so awesome.

The wheels are turning in my head..I am wanting to do an introduction to EFT workshop for the teachers at my kids schools..and then once I get the teachers exposed to it and thinking about it, I really want to do a workshop for the kids in the classes. I hope if I get some kids enthused about it, then it might be enticing on other kids. My mind is always working...
  4. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

Thanks so much Linda! You're so wonderful!:hbeat:

She is 8. She's also quite resistant but I just started with her this week so maybe she'll get used to it and become more agreeable. I will definitely try having her talk about things and we'll use cartoon people. That is such a great idea! I really think that we help us here. :)

Wow. The idea of using EFT in schools is fabulous! I cannot even imagine how helpful it could be & how far you could go with it! Keep us updated on that!

It's all so exciting!!
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

That's wonderful ... good work!