Tapping for the future?

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by lakshmi_mama, Aug 28, 2007.

1. lakshmi_mama

lakshmi_mama cleaning house

Anja (6 yo) is getting her suspicious mole removed next week (it will be biopsied afterwards) under local anesthetic. They will be putting a numbing cream on the area before giving her the local so hopefully that injection will not hurt her too much, but the surgeon is not sure it will entirely take because it is on her hairline and the hair may interfere with absorption of the topical. I am sooo worried for Anja that she is going to freak out and make it impossible for the doctor to do his work. She needs to hold perfectly still. I chose to give the local a try over doing general anesthesia because the idea of having her knocked out scares the crap out of me and seemed at the time to be overkill for a mole removal.

Can I tap with her to help her deal with some pain and discomfort? She screams and fights when I brush her hair - I can't imagine what she is going to do if she feels pain from anything on her head. I am totally regretting not choosing general but it is too late now to change without having to reschedule for weeks from now. I want this mole off her yesterday because it is really scary looking, is growing rapidly and hurts her.
  2. SRay

SRay New Member

I'm assuming they are using emla cream for the topical anesthetic. It works really well. And the mole being on the hairline shouldn't affect the absorption of the medication. There are hair follicles all over our bodies. Try not to worry about it. The docs will do what they have to do to make this go smoothly. I'm sure they've dealt with much worse situations and tons of super scared kids. It will be over before you know it!

I don't know enough about EFT to give you any advice about that. But what you are thinking sounds like a good idea to me.

:)
  3. lakshmi_mama

little update: I just got a call from the Doctor's secretary. He has two urgent cases for the day Anja is scheduled so they have to bump her to another day. :eyes: They don't have a date to give me right now so we will have to wait and see when it will be. In the meantime I was able to talk to her more about my concerns for the procedure. I would much rather have local to assuage my fears about general, but then again if we try local and she can't handle it they will have to reschedule her for general at a later time. Then she will have had a traumatic visit and have to go back to the hospital again with that trauma setting the stage. There is no easy answer to this.

I think I should tap for my anxiety about it all at the very least.
  4. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Absolutely Katie tap for all of your anxiety so you can clear as much as it as you can. Get yourself good and anxious and then tap ... if you need to write it out first then tap that might work. If you want, I can do a complementary phone session with you on this ... it's such an universal vibration we all carry ... concern for our children when they need a procedure ...

Hugs,
    Deb.
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

A few more thoughts ...

You can tap on "reacting to the anesthesia" before hand and afterwards whether it's local or general

You can tap on the "surgery trauma stored in the body and tissues and skin"

You can tap on the issue of the "mole" -- that's what I would be doing now quite aggressively as that's the number one concern ....

On emofree.com there's an article on shrinking moles with EFT:

Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts – maybe even a cancerous growth

HTH,
    Hugs,
    Deborah
  6. lakshmi_mama

Deborah - thanks for the link about shrinking the mole! Definitely going to check that out.

Dh and I talked this over some more and we decided to go with the general. It feels like the best thing in this situation. Many years ago when my middle dd had an MRI they gave her basically twilight sleep because she needed to hold still for it. She was older than Anja is now and the procedure didn't involve having something cut off her head, inches from her eye. And really - Anja is soooo sensitive to pain (or rather her emotional perception of it) that I just can bear to think of her being cognizant of cutting something off of her. :eyes:

Deborah - I may take you up on the phone session for my anxiety. I definately have anxiety about the whole thing on many levels (anesthesia, possible malignancy, etc,) that I need to clear. I am doing The Work on it (that is how we were able to come to the decision about general vs. local ) but it is still causing deep physical reaction in me to think of the situation in general. What is your schedule like? I am in the UK so depending where you are I am 5 hours ahead of EST/ 8 hours ahead of PST. PM me with details.

thanks so much!
  7. Deborah

Deborah New Member

I'll pm you tomorrow morning with some times for this week -- I'm east coast so five hours behind .. I think