Tapping CHALLENGE.

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Come on. This is a reminder. You know the personal peace procedure? Well, let's get something done.

~weed your gardens
    ~clean your laundry
    ~get rid of the sh*t.

Neutralise one story from your list every day this week.
    Just one a day. Then you will have crossed 7 off your list.
    See the sticky at the top of the forum for the Trauma Buster/Movie Technique.

My theme this week is going to be money beliefs/what my parents taught me. Bad money experiences.

I will post here for accountablility. Join me if you like:)
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I've been working on a Personal Inventory and have come up with some things. I will go and look and pick 7 and post here later.
  3. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

When I read your post I remembered how much fun unexpected money was when I was kid, how good it felt. I'm going to start with that. I know, it's not a story and it's not a negative, but contemplating tapping on it does make me feel really good.
  4. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Here are my seven. The all involve the theme of taking 100% responsibility for everything in my life. I will look for a story for each theme. I had a hard time with the story list, so I'm going to work with themes and get to the stories.

1. Finding friends is difficult for me and my children. What kind of blocks am I putting up and why.
    They're not talking to me (hs).
    2. My colon is not happy. I am embracing total health.
    Driving from Boyne. (37)
    3. Not doing what I know I need to do wrt sleep and schedule. Self-sabbotage.
    Coffee palpitations (college)
    4. I do not follow through on good beginnings. It's self-sabbotage again. Theme emerging.
    First try at MMing (37?)
    5. How am I limiting myself? How have I felt that I was limited in the past.
    Mich Tech (18)
    6. Time. All time is my time -- so why do I feel like only after everyone is in bed is really mine?
    Today
    7. My sensitive ears. Hmm. Not sure where that came from. Just popped out as I was trying to come up with #7 so I will let it be.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  5. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Yes! Thank you. That's a biggy for me.

2. Making good friends is difficult for me and my children.
    3. We don't know where we want to live
  6. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    I will give this some thought today and come back with a list tonight when dh gets home with the computer.
  7. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

Edited after reading Lindas post following this one.

Global:
    The fear instilled by my father's paralyzing, raging criticism over simple or complex tasks and problems created by someone or something else.

Incidents:
    1) shooting 45 at age 4 [done-lots and lots of stuff]
    2) lizard bite (age 7) [done-just a little bit attached]
    3) spilled milk rage (age 11) [done-not much emotional energy. resolved or repressed?]
    4) peach ice cream punishment (age 12)
    5) cut leg on vacation (age 7)
    6) upset stomach rage (age 6)
    7) punished for cousin's accident (age 5)
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  8. Linda

The way I am tackling this is to take specific incidents....and tapping on those.
    You can start with something global~and I Will write out my global and then make a list to show you what I mean.

My Global:
    All the times I lost connection with my father....(My father was not there for me emotionally)

The incidents that give weight to this global issue;
    1) the piano incident (9yo) (done! I was sobbing for this one...felt good to release it)
    2) my first wedding (24yo)
    3) the ballet incident (9yo) (done!)
    4) the big talk at 21 years old
    5) Montessori graduation 12 yo (done!)
    6) hmmm when I was born...(dad not in the room! this just came to me...interesting)
    7) Ice skating incident (done)
    8) brother blamed ME (DONE! thank goodness)
    So for example, it is hard for me to make friends...
    you might want to focus on the times that you felt less than, left behind, lonely....
    Find the incidents that give weight to this...or the ones that made you feel like you are not worthy of friends...etc.
    A great way to do this is tapping slowly while focusing in on the body feelings associated with "It is hard for me to make friends..." and see what comes up as far as incidents go.

Or you can just pick any random incidents from your life that you would rather not have happened...and make a list of those.
    This is the chopping down of trees that Gary talks about. If an incident is upsetting to you in your past, that means there is a disruption in your energy system. So you are balancing your energy system when you tune into the incident.

All that said,
    I am thrilled if you are tapping for 7 days in a row on ANYTHING! BUt the more specific the better.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  9. Linda

what feels good to you? how can you set this up for yourself so that you can move forward with small successes? it does not have to fit my or Gary's vision.
    What about daily tapping on the overwhelm? Everytime you go to the bathroom?
    also what about just tapping and seeing what comes up..and tapping on that? no ticking off a list!
  10. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Thanks for that Linda. Conceptually, I understand why I should tap on specific incidents. BUT, when I try to think of incidents I can't think of any. My early life was easy and uneventful. My parents treated me well.

Still, I know I have issues now, so they must have a cause. That is why I chose the issues and plan to work backward to incidents.
  11. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Someone, please kickstart my memory for me - What is the personal peace procedure? Hmm... #4 should probably be memory issues... :)
  12. gabwife

gabwife New Member

Whoah!
    The replies had me thinking.Funny how I use other peoples response to find my thoughts.But so much resonated with me.Sorry for borrowing words to describe the feelings going on here.I took a paper out and put down these things.
    1. I want to find,make,and be a good friend.To more than just a few people.I want to stop limiting/sabotaging myself.
    2.I want to remember peoples names so that I can make friends.(something that comes up is that if I don't remember you you have no power to hurt me.)
    3.My family needs to move to a new to us home.We need a bigger place and a nice sized yard.A play house swing set is a biggie.
    4.My body is unhappy with the way I treat it.Treat my body better like the temple that it is.
    5.Let go of the anger I feel towards Dh for letting me down on so many levels.
    6.once again self sabotage
    7.My eyes,ears,and nose.all have gone kind of fuzzy.Not wanting to see,hear,or smell.Possibly my life sucks on so many levels that they have gone numb.
  13. Linda

pick specific incidents from your adult hood, then. :)
    I want you all to be successful! Specific is the way to go, I PROMISE you.

I will have you ponder the quote in my signature, for childhood stuff.
  14. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    Sleeping bag (6 years old) *done*
    Mowing down trees (16 years old)
    Wash story (10 years old) *done*
    Babysitter and sister (6 years old)
    Puppy's (12 years old)
    Step dad and puppy (14 years old)
    Hit sis with softball while playing catch (14 years old)

I have done one more that is actually not on this list. I made a list of about 70 things and am just going with what seems right on any given day.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  15. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I editted my above post. It is more specific.
  16. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I posted my intended seven above. Here I'll post what I actually did and my revised plan. Have to go with your intuition ;)

Day 1: Cord around the neck, mine. (Done. Covered generations of mother-child distancing at birth. Interesting.)
    Day 2: Menarche (Rewritten. Done.)
    Day 3: Birth story. Mine. (Done.)
    Day 4:
    Day 5:
    Day 6:
    Dat 7:
    Cord around the neck, Andrew.
    Bye-bye OSS.
    Fifth Disease while pregnant.
    L's bridal party.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  17. mamatanya

mamatanya the bead lady

Interesting. I've been really upset about something for about a month now and just before bed last night I remembered a similar feeling incident from childhood and tapped on it. Some relief but I'm still not letting myself take the time to really work things through with tapping. Maybe if I put myself accountable here? So here are my seven

1) doll stollen at preschool (age 5)
    2) Melissa (12)
    3) under the basket (7?)
    4) hmmm, too many coming up. I'll start with the above and see where I feel like I need to go.
  18. Linda

natalia and tanya...definitely go with your intuition on where to go next. you do not have to follow a theme, that is just my cohesive example.

I did tap on money - ish stuff the other day as well, and it went to a childhood event that well had NOTHING to do with money, success...etc. I was shocked, but totally understood the energetic connection. IW ill write about it when I can.
  19. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Linda, thank you for posting the Personal Peace info, and for the encouragement to get specific.

Rhea
  20. Linda

edited to reflect issues done.

I am not getting through them as fast as I would like, but I am happy to have 4 done!