Tapping challenge!

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I would like to challenge each and every one of you to tap for at least ONE hour a day. I am doing this to get me to do the same and to see if we all feel a difference. Report in every day. I just want to keep track not chastise you:)

Does it sound like a lot? It is, but it isn't.;)
    EFT Down Under: Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and Provocative Energy Techniques (PET) From Down Under
    (if you go to SET FREE special report, you can download their info on SET)
    THis is based on Dr. David Lake's and Steve Wells work...called SET. Simple Energy Techniques. They have hypothesized that the AMOUNT of meridian stimulation conducted is a key factor in producing results. I have to say, when I went to the Masters Showcase in Sydney I came back feeling like a completely different person. Much more balance and calm. The problems that I had before I left, were GONE. I attribute this to the amount of tapping I was ding there. Probably three hours a day for three days. I did not tap on my own issues very much.

Continual tapping;

Tap on the finger points with the thumb on the same hand. Do it bilaterally. You can do this ANYWHERE. I do it while pushing my daughter on the swing. It is simple, and not exhausting. Do it while watching TV or DVD's talking on the phone, doing chores(that don't require both hands) You can tap during certain cooking / food prep tasks as well....on one hand anyway:p

If you find yourself on the phone complainging to someone...TAP. tap tap tap tap tap tap...............................TAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tap. If you are complaining or having negative thoughts. You MUST TAP..;) :p :smooch:

You can rub or just touch the points in public(all of them) instead of tapping as it is not as obvious and can be just as useful.

If you are engaging in something non beneficial like binge eating, or drinking or yelling at your kids, picking your skin, biting your nails, pulling your hair, worrying about your dentist appointment, worrying about relatives coming to dinner, worrying about MOENY...tap(any versions of tapping, run, tap or just do continuous tapping on your finger points)

Tap every time you go to the bathroom, when you wak and when you go to sleep. tap if you wake in the night for any reason. You can just do the finger pints if you want. Tap when you go for a walk!

Of course you can tap on specific stuff, but I want you tapping an hour a day no matter what. Make it a habit.

You do not need set up phrases. You do not need to tap on specific stuff. Just TAP. Rebalance your meridians.

OK, anyone going to join me? The holidays are upon us, I am sure we could ALL use this. :hippy:
  2. Deborah

Deborah New Member

That's interesting Linda-
    I work with clients Monday through Thursday and get between one and five hours of tapping a day. I don't do any work Friday - Sunday. By Monday morning I am definitely grumpier ... I've been thinking it's because of not tapping enough. Your post sort of confirms that ... I tap on my walks so I'll have to make sure I walk those days ...
    Hugs,
    Deb.
  3. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I will join you. Tapping on the keyboard right now. :p
  4. Linda

Ahhh....interesting, Deborah. I would be interested to hear if you tapped on those days as well if you remained more balanced by Monday? Wouldn't that be cool?

Natalia...
    that is great and :lol:

OK...I think I got an hour in yesterday. I started near the end of the day so not sure.
  5. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

I'm in. Can you remind me what/where the finger points are? I just found my EFT DVDs the other day, but I'd rather have the fast and easy "Here they are." :)

I did not go six weeks on the Power one (I actually think of it as the Greatest Fear one, but that's not so uplifting,) Anywho... It had a great impact on me, my creativity soared, AND I found myself tapping on all these other wonderful things after doing it. So yesterday I started a brand new six weeks on it. I really want to see the me that will come out the other side.

Rhea
  6. Linda

HEre is a link to the finger points. Although you can add the ring finger. That supposedly gets the Gamut point..and then you don't have to remember to skip it.

EFT Down Under: Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) And Provocative Energy Techniques (PET)

So use the thumb on the same hand...
    and tap each finger with the thumb on the side closest to the thumb. You can do this bilaterally(both hands at the same time)
    if you want to get the thumb point as well, start by tapping the thumb point on the outside aspect as show in the diagram~using the middle or index finger.

does that make sense?

I gave up the power one..but I might add it to this challenge. I really like the wording of it. I get sidetracked by tapping on specific stuff, though~lol!
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  7. Linda

I was thinking about the time thing..
    It does not matter if it is exactly an hour...but obviously an hour is a HUG part of your day, so incorporating it in there will be obvious.

I tap while driving too, but I don't drive much where I live:)
    I tend to tap a lot in the bathroom, while I am waiting for things..(like kids at school) in the car, in bed on my fingers, and while watching a a movie. I tap on the ohone as well and if I am surfing the net I'll do it one handed.
    To get an hour...it probably is good to have a time during the day where you get in a solid 20-30 minutes in a row like watching TV...lol!

I am excited:) I have not been tapping and noticing the GRUMPINESS invading my life. even just tapping an hour yesterday (on nothing specific) made a difference this morning.
  8. Linda

Well, yesterday we went on a road trip, so I tapped for 45 minutes in the car and then I tapped for about an hour with clients. I have to say I feel improvements today. I had a mild cold that is more resolved, and my acne is clearing(which showed up 2 weeks before y father and his wife and got bad at the end of their visit!)

It will be interesting today to see if I get enough tapping in on a normal weekday with kids:)
  9. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I am not trying to keep track of time --rather on tapping as much as possible and staying aware of tapping.

I recently completed my diploma in homeopathy and will start on one in bioenergetics in February. I am terrified of what I'm going to do (and what I am meant to do) with what I am learning. I do have a good idea though. So, I am going to be tap, tap, tapping to let go of all fear and find clarity and strength. Anybody else tapping with an intention? Is this acceptable in EFT?
  10. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Natalia,
    I'm so envious of your diplomate in homeopathy -- homeopathy was my first love and still my only source of "medicine for the family ..." I just don't have the eye for detail to do it professionally ....

Tapping with a specific intention would be okay. SOme folks just tap in the positive and if they notice any resistance, then they switch to the negative.

Looking forward to hearing about how your work evolves. I'm a firm believer in taking whatever step feels right and not worrying about the outcome. I never dreamed I'd be an EFT practitioner with clients and as I look back at my *entire life* I can see how every step lead me to this. It's so thrilling.

So as long as you love your next steps, you can only be on the right path. The Abraham-Hicks teachings of the emotional guidance system really taught me that ....

I know this is totally off-track of the original thread -- forgive me! I'm a bit jazzed today .... (I tap with my own coach today which I love doing ...)

Hugs,
    Deb.
  11. Linda

You are forgiven~:lol:

Your input is lovely, Deborah and right on track.

And I totally agree... ;)
  12. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Thanks Linda .... :)
  13. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Hell yes. :) (With apologies to the professionals among us who know more than I do. ;) )

I don't know if this is quite what you mean, but here's a couple of things I've done. After my first child was born I got out of the habit of wearing my contacts. After my second child, I decided to go back to contacts instead of glasses. I so dreaded putting them in that I would put it off until the afternoon or later, and then have difficulties getting them in. So one night I tapped on it and the next afternoon I realized I'd put them in that morning, just as natural as you please, right after my shower. No dread, no difficulties, I didn't even realize I'd done it. My phrasing was all positive, "I put my contacts in with ease" type of stuff.

Last night I tapped on "I wake up tomorrow morning before the alarm goes off feeling energized and full of initiative." I tapped on lots of other things too. Then I couldn't get to sleep. (I suspected all my tapping had energized my brain.) After about five hours of sleep, I woke up seven minutes before my alarm feeling great and with several things in mind that I was eager to do.

I find EFT amazing, and wonder at times that I don't apply it to more things. Part of that is probably that I like to be alone and have quiet to tap.

Rhea
  14. Linda

I like tapping in quiet too...not if I am just tapping continuously on my fingers..but to say stuff out loud, well honestly mostly cannot be said in front of kids. Sometimes I don't want to say it in front of dh either and it has nothing to do with him.

(WHen Aidra was in surgery and I was pacing the children's unit tapping...one of the Nurse's startled me when she came up to talk to me...~lol!> I said 'don't mind me, just a relaxation technique for all the stress...looks funny but it works:)" ) I was tapping in a trance for Aidra:)

Yes, sore tapping points mean you have 'congestion' there...meaning the energy needs to rebalanced to flow freely:) just like when you have sore accupuncture points when the needles go in.
  15. Natalia

Natalia New Member

That, and under my right eye, there is a white swelling just above where I tap. Not like I need puffiness around my eyes :rolleyes: