Tap on Your Power with Me for 6 weeks

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I really like this way. I'm still tapping it too.:)
  2. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

I am still tapping on this. :)

I've never tapped on something for six weeks... and I've decided to add a couple other things to this and do them for six weeks also.

Rhea
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I tapped while reading it to dh tonite :)
  4. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I'm still tapping too. Today, instead of "she" I added a friend's name.
  5. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Still tapping. Yeah! I am finding a stronger internal response now than when the first few times I tapped.
  6. Christi

Christi Perpetually NAK'ing

Joining you.
  7. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Welcome!
  8. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

The last couple of times I tapped on this, I had issues with the first line, because in fact, I do worry at times about being inadequate - as a mother, as a home educator...

Funny that it didn't bother me at first.

Anywho... I've tapped on things like, "Even though I DO fear being inadequte (not being a good enough mother, etc.) I fully and completely love and accept myself.

Any thoughts, suggestions? It's still there. It settles in my chest every time on that line.

On the upside, I have felt more creative, have moved freer (just in dancing around the house, less inhibited).

Thanks, :heart:
    Rhea
  9. Natalia

Natalia New Member

This is so interesting since, as I posted, I too had reactions after tapping for a while that I did not have at first.

I wonder if things are "buried" and come up as we are ready for them.
  10. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Anyone else still doing this?

I do it as is twice, or once as is and once in first person, and then I jump off on all these positive tangents, like, "My creativity and intelligence flow forth from me," and "I embrace being a novelist/successful artist..." and here's the thing, in the last few days, oh seven or so, I have been doing more creative things than usual, all going on at once. At times I look at all I'm doing and I just wonder at it all. It is so cool, and at the same time, perhaps a little overwhelming. No, that's not the word for it. Ah, outside my comfort zone, that's it, and a little like I'm expecting things to fall apart.

When my husband sees me doing something else, like the quilt, he asks me if I've given up on NaNoWriMo since I'm not writing in every spare minute and meeting word count goals. And there's so much more I want to be doing! My writing is suffering from lack of time being put into it, if I keep this up I won't meet my goal by the end of the month.

Anywho... just wondering what others are experiencing, if you've seen changes or what have you. Thanks for reading. I guess I'll think about my commitment to NaNo and maybe tap on getting caught up, IF after thinking about it I decide that's where I want to go.

Rhea
  11. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Very interesting!
    I have not been keeping it up too much on my plate taking care of dd etc. I want to start up again..
    I'll let you know!
  12. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I am. Though I have not done it every day. Today, I did it with a headache. And now I feel MUCH better. I am still going to rest a bit, but better w/o the headache. :)
  13. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I'm all about bumping today :)

A few lines from this one have been running through my head for the past week or so. Maybe it speaks to someone else right now.
  14. bubbles

bubbles New Member

I didn't see this way back when it was originally posted. Interesting!
  15. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

Wow - what gems! Keep bumping Natalia. This is wonderful stuff.
  16. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

I am working this challenge along with the Prosperity Affirmation and De-cluttering and dissolving reversals. Putting everything I have into it. Dire situations call for dire measures.

The line that catches me everytime is this one:
    There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.

It goes right to the jugular for me. I believe that a large part of my reversals has to do with being cowed into passive resistance by being humiliated each and every time I tried to do something productive, something self-improving.

I cannot even list simple examples here. Too much pain plus a whole other thread of the shame of being dismissed. Whenever I tried to discuss my plight with friends or family my concern was roundly dismissed. Being dismissed is a HUGE trigger for me. And even in this very safe place I fear being dismissed. Not because of anything I have experienced or witnessed here but because it is so deepling embedded within.

Just writing this here touches that extreme pain.

Back to my original point. The phrase that I am struggling with in this line from the "Tap for Power" writing is, "nothing enlightened." OMG, it is as if just saying this line is a put down. As though by suffering the powerfully derisive, meanness as a child was in someway an attempt by me to be "enlightened."

I know that noone else would get stuck on that phrase. It simply goes to the enormous hurt for me that the phrasing actually becomes yet another putdown rather than a release.

"You don't deserve." and "You get what you deserve." are voices that just scream in my head. It is all about deserving or rather NOT deserving. The "Just who do you think you are" attitude - much different from "Who do you think you are". That word "just" has such a caustic twist.

Intellectually I fully understand why my parents needed to "keep me small". They both had successful social lives and were well accepted in the community and yet suffered horrendously from NPD or Narcissistic traits. (All of that was not fully recognized until recent years but oh the toll it took.)

Last month I made a profound break through on my father's bullying through clinched jaw rage. I have found that I can apply that to many things in life. Through that breakthrough I can actually denude bullies by simply standing firm and not cowing - as though it is a storm to be endured. It is an astonishing experience and I have found that I can go back in memory and apply it back in time and forward.

But this thing about this shrinking still has me stuck. It seems so similar to the bullying thing and yet ....

ARRRRRRR! So frustrating. I feel so close .... and yet.......................
  17. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Percy's mom--I love hearing your updates. What great success-it is inspiring.
  18. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

Thank you Bubbles. Love that encouragement!

Where are those pictures of your two adorable boys? They are so precious!
  19. bubbles

bubbles New Member

:)

Thanks. I think they are adorable too. I think they only show up in the first post on a thread. That reminds me that I have been meaning to update them:)
  20. Natalia

Natalia New Member

The deserving is a huge issue. It has so many angles.