Tap on Your Power with Me for 6 weeks

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I stumbled on the below on the emofree sight. Does anyone want to tap on this one with me when you visit this page? If you tap, hit reply to keep us on track.

By eaglemoon raes

Hi Gary,

I wanted to share a story that I think would be helpful to many. I began tapping on Nelson Mandela's prayer (I have also been told that this poem is by Marianne Williamson too so I will give credit to both):

Our Greatest Fear is not that we are inadequate. (Eye Brow)
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. (Side Eye)
    It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. (Under Eye)
    We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?” (Under nose)
    Actually, who are you not to be? (Chin)
    You are a child of God. (collar bone)
    Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. (under arm)
    There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. (head)
    We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. (Eye Brow)
    It is not just in some of us, (Side of Eye)
    it is in every one, (Under Eye)
    And as we let our own light shine, (Under Nose)
    We unconsciously give other people Permission (chin)
    to do the same. (collarbone)
    As we are liberated from our own fear, (Under arm)
    Our presence automatically liberates others. (Head)

After I do a round of "our greatest fear..." I then tap from the perspective of:
    My greatest fear...
    and Her greatest fear...

After tapping on this for a few days, I was in a situation where a friend of mine wanted me to continue "shrinking so others wouldn't feel insecure around me". I realized that a huge shift was happening and was amazed that on my drive home, my spine began cracking and elongating. It was wild. My back was stretching out. At the time, I was in a small office where I literally had to shrink to avoid hitting my head. A couple of days after my back starting to stretch out, I found myself in a rental disagreement with my landlord and was now out of an office space. "Playing small doesn't serve the world".

I have since tapped on "Even though it is my light not my darkness that most frightens me I accept who I am" and, "Even though My deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure I accept who I am."

I teach a workshop called "Unleash Your Power" and we all tap on this prayer together during the 6 week training. It's so powerful. The students then tap on it as homework between classes.

I love that EFT gives us such freedom to just play and change and grow. It's that simple! I love this work. I'm truly amazed everyday at how much easier life is now that I can tap on my daily struggles. My Life isn't free of challenges. I'm just not making them as serious as I used to.

eaglemoon raes
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  2. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

I just tapped it! Powerful! I have heard this poem quoted before, but I never thought of tapping it. It feels good!
  3. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Thanks Natalia -- I just did tapped it as well -- it felt great -- one twinge around one of the sentences -- but the rest flowed ... awesome ...
    Hugs,
    Deb.
  4. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Wow. That brought up a lot of emotions for me. Obviously I'm going to benefit from tapping on it. : ) Would you suggest once per day for the six weeks, or more often?

Thank you!
    Rhea
  5. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I am a total tapping novice. Linda? Deborah? Any comments?
  6. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Tapped on it again today. Felt more resonance with the words, no resistance, and more peaceful afterwards where as yesterday I felt emotional afterwards.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
    Rhea
  7. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I would tap on it as often as it moves you.
    I like the idea of putting 'i' 'me' in it as well for a round.
    I am going to write this out and post it in my bathroom mirror. What a GREAT idea.

If you get any tail enders...
    tap on those.

Thanks, Natalia! It felt *really* good tapping on that.

The thing that amazes me about EFT is EFT gave me a belief in my sprituality again. Also the idea that we are all one. That in itself is the GREATEST gift of all.
    For me...the line that really struck a cord with me is the one I am struggling with DAILY.
    'Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond MEASURE..."
    Even though my deepest fear is that I am POWERFUL beyond measure...~and I am not living up to that potential

Blessings, mamas.
  8. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I keep saying, "It is not my light, but my darkness that fightens me most." Interesting.

I am also feeling something each time I say, "We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us."

I am also finding that saying the words aloud adds to the impact. Not surprising considering the power of the vibration of sound. Maybe this is one of the reasons (in addition to expertise and intuition) why tapping with a therpaist works so well. The words are said aloud.
  9. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

I've always spoken out loud when doing EFT. In the past I noticed that if I were saying something I couldn't envision, I'd feel stress when saying it and tapping around my eyes. If I were uncomfortable saying it, I'd feel the stress (body tension, what have you) when tapping above and below my mouth. Isn't that interesting?

When I do feel tension during tapping (hard to explain, it's that something extra during tapping - above whatever tension I started with - that says "I'm uncomfortable with this") I always take a nice deep breath while tapping that spot before moving on. I don't know if I saw that in one of the videos or just started it on my own.

It's nice talking EFT with others. : )

Rhea
  10. Linda

Natalia,
    I think there are MANY reasons working with a therapist works so well.
    1) you have the intention of the other therapist working with you...not just your OWN.
    2) someone safe is helping take care of you and you are being heard
    3) if the therapist does the tapping for you(in person) it is very powerful...it frees you up to just do the talking and not have to think about the points.

Also,Saying it out loud is VERY powerful. If you find EFT is not working for you exaggerate the set up phrase. Yell it, sing it go crazy with it! Be very emphatic. Shake your energy up:) Obviously sometimes saying stuff out loud is not appropriate.
    THis poem is just lovely!
  11. Linda

And Rhea..thank you for joining us, it is so nice to have you hear contributing!:heart:
  12. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I once worked with an EFT therapist in person and it was very powerful. I just want you to know that I know this and only meant to add that I thougt the sound itself might be a factor -- which I had not previously thought of. I had been tapping with thinking not talking (I always seem to have children around) and saying that poem out loud really magnified things. I will have to try more out loud like you suggest. Need to find a place where I feel safe for this. We are still in the small-ish temp apartment -- but looking at houses to rent tommorow.
  13. Linda

I do a LOT of tapping...mentally cuz of kids. I definitely don't want them to overhear:) frustrating cuz I do find it very powerful to hear the words.
  14. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Thank you for the warm welcome Linda. :)

Rhea
  15. Deborah

Deborah New Member

I don't know why but the mechanics of saying outloud does seem to help ...
    I still can get results from doing it w/o talking, but saying it outloud seems to activate another energy .. here's a post from the eft forum with an idea on that:

What We Say .... - EFT Community

quoting:'
    I love what everyone has said about language so much. I want to just add my 2 cents in case anyone wants this additional information. IN 1994 several scientiests from Harvard University, Boston's Beth Israel Hospital and Boston University began to study what is commonly called junk DNA. These are the larger, noncoding regions of the DNA sequences that do not, on the surface, have a clear cut function. They also do not reveal any perceptible mathematical order. These investigators found that information was indeed being carried by these noncoding sequences, although the underlying structure was linguistic rather than mathematical, that is to say, the information was encoded in ways that became clear only when the researchers looked at linguistic patterns. This to me explains why accupressure with language or the cognitive porcess of the west, work so well in producing results, in all the areas we get results in. This to me is very motivating. End Quote ....
  16. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Tapped on my way out to house hunting (and a bribe-day at Chuck-E-Cheese for the kids).

I said the words much louder than before -- and really felt a big difference. Cool.
  17. bluehalo

bluehalo making messes

I've read this poem before and was very moved by it then. I just tapped on it (I'm still a novice 'tapper'), but it felt really good to me. Thanks for this thread :)
  18. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

Tapped again. This is the second time. After I tapped, I was thinking I probably have some tail-enders...Like Linda, this feeling that I believe I am powerful but not living up to what I am capable of being. But I got up to put some food in the oven, and as I was doing that, I noticed that I was feelilng a huge lightness in my chest. Awesome.
  19. Deborah

Deborah New Member

This time tapping on it, I felt resistance at the words "manifest the Glory of God ..." ... I can't quite grap the resistance and put it in words -- I think it's the language -- is there a new-age way to say that?
  20. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

What about,

We are born to make manifest the glory within us
    or
    We are born to manifest the potential within us

Last night I tapped on it before bed and found myself personalizing it. It felt good so I did another round the same way. I especially like the ending this way.
    As I let my own light shine,
    I unconsciously give other people permission to do the same
    As I am liberated from my own fear,
    My presence automatically liberates others.

I haven't noticed any tail enders, but always after doing it I go right into positive affirmations that just feel GREAT.

Rhea