Success and questions...

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Kbsmama, May 27, 2007.

1. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

I tapped last week with Deborah. As I have posted before, I have been dealing with PPD since before my last pregnancy. My youngest DD is 4 1/2 months old. Deborah helped me to name some key issues which I feel have contributed to my struggles. I don't believe I would have named them on my own. And, while I identified part of what we tapped on as an issue, I probably would not have thought that it was what I needed to tap on to alleviate my depression.

With the help of EFT, I have stopped taking the herbs that helped with my depression some time ago, and feel better than I have in a long time. The overwhelming nature of my depression has lifted. There are still issues I feel I need to tap on and which require work and attention on my part, but I feel that EFT is making it possible for me to see things more clearly and put them into perspective.

I am currently struggling a great deal with my dd (3 1/2). There are a couple of issues that are problematic. One, I have a really hard time nursing her. I nursed her brothers until the day before their 5th birthdays, and by the time they were Molly's age or somewhat older, it was hard for me to nurse them. I am agitated, annoyed, overstimulated. I don't know whether it is physiological, nutritional, due to yeast in my system, her latch, or what, but it is very uncomfortable. It is evident to me in her behavior that she still longs to nurse, and needs to nurse, but at the same time, it is hard and unpleasant for me. I would just like it to be a pleasant, or at least tolerable experience for me.

Second, she refuses to potty train. She has been capable of doing so for nearly a year now. We did not push, and still try not to. But it's reaching the point that pull-ups are not containing everything, and so we have to change whole outfits every time she chooses not to use the potty.

I know I should just give her time, but it is wearing on both me and DH.

She is a very strong-willed, self-assured child, even moreso than my sons, who were/are very strong-willed. I am concerned about how to deal with her on a daily basis without harming that spirit.
  2. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Hi there,

There is lots of tappable stuff in what you wrote. (And thanks for the good comments about working with me).

I'll post some general ideas for the topics you mention. As always, the tapping language would be individualized for each person and would evolve as we tapped.

Using your own language and adding some: (for those of you new to tapping, you must use the basic tapping points --see other posts for that info. -- remember we sometimes exaggerate our language when tapping to get it out of our energy system -- )

The set-up

Even though I am agitated, annoyed, and overstimulated, I honor myself for wanting to nurse and accept that I have conflicted feelings.

Even though I am agitated, annoyed, and overstimulated, I forgive myself for my feelings.

Even though I am agitated, annoyed and overstimulated, and I really want to keep nursing and I don't think I can, I accept that I'm doing the best I can, even if it feels not enough.

Tapping the points:

Agitated at nursing
    Annoyed at nursing
    Overstimulated at nursing
    I have enough to deal with
    I can't do this anymore
    I can't do this anymore
    My body's isn't mine
    I'm giving so much
    I've nothing more to give
    But I want to keep nursing her
    I don't know what to do

Keep tapping on variations of that. What you will find is another layer of thought and eventually you will feel some peace and freedom so that you can make a decision from a place of connection. Remember Connection before Action.

On the potty-training, I'd suggest surrogate tapping for her. I will need to explain that in person. For your own peace, you can tap on your reaction.
    It could get funny ...

Even though my daughter won't use the toilet, and it's driving me crazy, and she's already old enough and I'm tired of cleaning up after her, I accept myself and my daughter and all our feelings.

And continue with variations of this ...

(As an FYI, I'm offline Wed. through Monday.)
  3. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

Thanks, Deborah. I will work with these!
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Jody I am so glad things are going well. Keep posting. I will too...I am so busy in the States right now...I'll be home soon and get more active again.

I have had great succeses...and some experiences that have left me searching for the core issues...

I know that for me...if I am not seeming to get anywhere with a tapping session...if I just let it sit with me for a couple of days and write down any issues that come up, eventually I can tap on other issues that might not seem related. I am finding though, that if my mind brings out an issue, even if it does not seem like THE issue of the moment it is important to tap on it. Your mind is bringing up the issue so that you CAN deal with it.

I got a spiral notebook to list issues in. I write them down as I think of them. I write down the intensity and then I continue to write down the intensity on a 0-10 scale as I work it down.

I know I am most successful if I can really feel the emotions or symptom while I am tapping.

I have had some good success with the surrogate tapping with my 2yo. I have done it interactively with her AND while she was sleeping.
  5. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

So, DH asked me about EFT last night...It must be working!

The first time I told DH about EFT a month or so ago, he practically rolled his eyes. He got quiet, and I could hear the, "Here we go again," rattling around his head. About that time, we had decided that I needed to get on antidepressants.

I told him yesterday that I felt like I was making some real progress with EFT. Then last night, he said, "So what is this tapping you're doing? How do you do it?" It was late, and I was tired, so I gave him only a cursory explaination. Another time, perhaps I will demonstrate or even tap with him. He told me that, while things appear to still need work, he has noticed that I do seem more in control than I have in the past. And I feel the same way. There are still some things I don't think I've gotten at yet. Even when I find myself yelling, I don't have the out of control feeling that gripped me not long ago.

I feel much more normal, and I'm realizing I haven't felt that way in a long time. It feels odd to feel in control, to feel good and know I'm not taking anti-depressants or herbs or anything to be feeling that way.

What a blessing this has been at exactly the right time.
  6. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

I'm experiencing weird dreams, or maybe not so much weird as different. Maybe because long-buried stuff is bouncing around my brain as other stuff has been released? Is this common?

Still feeling like I'm missing a core issue, though I may be close to it. Feeling good.
  7. Deborah

Deborah New Member

That sounds like good stuff with the dreams -- I dream differently when I'm processing/releasing stuff ... I tend to remember them more when there's a lot going on for me. Sounds like you are doing so well ... that's awesome. A great inspiration for others ....
    Hugs,
    Deb.
  8. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I've been having the funky dream stuff too.

I need more time in a day for this stuff! :kittypink