Soooo, if you could have any diapering system

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by glockchick, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Mary - Mary

Mary - Mary Amity's Focus Member

hmm, if I had a baby again and could have any diapering system I'd pick one that comes with a person to change and wash the diapers. :lol: I don't mind folding and putting them away, but an extra pair of hands to do the dirty work would help. ;)
  2. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

:hahaha: wish we could offer that!!
  3. free thinker

free thinker Active Member

Wow! It seems like ages since I was intot he cloth diapering :crying: Laina is just about PT now, so I guess we are just about done. I have all my stuff ready to pass to an IRL friend. Of all the systems out there, I think AIOs are the absolute easiest, second is pockets. If I have another baby, I'll probalby do all one system (with prefolds as back-ups). Have fun shopping! I haven't bought dipes in over a year!
  4. glockchick

glockchick Active Member

I'm torn on that. I like Aplix because it tends to yield a better fit, but snaps stay looking and working nicely longer. I have some VB AIO's with snap in soakers that I made and I love, but apparently my princess prefers the stay dry effect. They're snap, and fitting her perfectly right now, but if her size changes I know I won't be happy with the fit anymore. I'm picky. :D

I'm think I'm going to order a BumGenius, Happy Heiny, and Fuzzi Bunz, and a few misc stuffers to try. Oh, and a couple of Kari's dipes. I probably won't mind stuffing as much if I have stuffers that fit. I always used prefolds before and it's a pita to try to get them to lay flat in there.

I can sew and probably should just do that to get exactly what I want, but I can't seem to find the time. Imagine that. ;) And my serger is pissing me off lately, it refuses to do 3 layers of hemp fleece without busting threads. :rolleyes:
  5. katiejack

katiejack Active Member

If you want to sew pockets, I can recommend a pattern for you! I really like it - it's inexpensive, it's emailed to you in a pdf file, and the fit is incredibly trim and great! It's for aplix or snaps and also is not one-sized. Here it is: www.darlingdiapers.com. This is what I use to make Andy's cotton pockets!
  6. Halo

Halo Up on my Paradigm

Fuzzi Bunz

increased to $17.95 each because they now come with the microterry insert, instead of being sold separately. MOE mandated it because they wanted to sell the 'system' as opposed to having people stuff with prefolds, etc. and then having the FB not work as well...
  7. Mina687

Mina687 New Member

Ahh I see, thanks for the info. I don't care for the Microterry insert so I wouldn't use the insert anyways, but I guess it's nice that they come with one for $4 more. I remember just over 3 years ago I bought a dozen new FB's for $12.95 each, including the inserts, but maybe I got a really good deal? I just know what it costs to make them and I think asking almost $18 each is outrageous. At lest the BumG are OS. I look forward to trying those ;)
  8. Tara62

Tara62 New Member

Wool wool wool, but not the longies that seem to be popular now. I don't like the looks of them. I really like felted wool wraps. I'd like some prefolds on hand for when I feel like pinning. I'd like some sized aplix pocket diapers. I like my BG one sizes. But I think I'd stick with fitteds with wool wraps. I'm buying Swaddlebees cotton terry fitteds for my medium and larges right now.
  9. LuLu

LuLu Active Member

I would have all Fuzzi bunz.
  10. michmom

michmom New Member

i guess i'm the lone dissenter here, as usual. :) i only have motherease all in ones. i just collected a ton in both sizes, and it's what i used on my dd exclusively until she potty trained herself before 2. i used a great variety w/ ds-- fitteds, various covers, various wool, various all in ones, but when i had dd my time went to nil, and i had to have a quick-change, so i just started using those more and more and ultimately sold off everything else.

i bought them in lots here and on ebay.

i put a bummis stay-dry doubler in, or a fleece-topped hemp doubler, too, and they last and last.

the only bad thing is that they *do* leave red marks, as everyone complains of. but neither child every complained, for some reason!

they're not wahm, but, from what i understand, originally they were, and i think they're still family-owned...

alycia
  11. Halo

Halo Up on my Paradigm

Maybe

you got a Cotton Babies deal - they lower the price when you buy a dozen and they used to include their own insert for free. I don't know what they do now that Mother of Eden has mandated the sale of the insert and dipe altogether.

I really love FB. I wish their production was a little smoother, but I guess they're working on that. I probably would've given up on carrying FB at our store a long time ago if they weren't such work horse dipes...

An excellent place for dipe reviews (and reviews of carriers and just about everything else) is diaperpin.com
  12. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

Mine did that when the timing was off. Might need a cleaning/tuning. Sorry for the OT.
  13. chrissymama

chrissymama Amity's Focus Member

i am such a fickle cloth diaper-er. i like different things for different ages, and even for different seasons.

if i had to choose just one favorite diaper, i think i'd pick organic velour el bee's. yum!!

and knitted wool- soakers, shorts, or longies- depending on the season, merino wool though, for sure.

when the baby gets to the wiggly, hates to be changed stage, i love the ease of fuzzi bunz.

i want to love prefolds- for the cost and simplicity- but i just can't. i've tried folding and laying them in, snappi'ing and pinning and i just can't get the fit i want. i do always have some on hand for back ups though.
  14. glockchick

glockchick Active Member

It started doing this crap after I took it in for a cleaning. They keep telling me it wasn't meant to do that much and won't listen when I tell them it had no problem doing it before. :rolleyes:

I pmed you Kari. ;)
  15. mommy2maya

mommy2maya Amity's Focus Member

I am loving my swaddlebees pockets. I got a ton at their outlet store, but they are nearly sold out of everything now.