Soooo, if you could have any diapering system

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by glockchick, Dec 28, 2006.

1. glockchick

glockchick Active Member

What would it be?

See, Nancy. A diapering thread. ;)

We got a bunch of Christmas money and dh said I can get something easier if I want.

Using prefolds and pull on Bummis with pins now. Just not loving it and neither is dd. I'd be using wraps, but I can't find covers that fit my chub-a-lub right.

I need them to work for her and a future baby. I know I like the Swaddlebees organic one-size dipes (I have 1) and I know those fit a tiny heiny cause they fit KG before she developed her ghetto booty. But what cover? I really like the trimness in the crotch, but I don't like having to fasten a diaper and cover. Seems redundant. ;)

Or I could go with the BumGenius. But I don't really care for pockets cause it's so humid here that having anything but cotton next to their skin makes them sweat, and I hate having to stuff. And I hate microfiber so I'd have to get different inserts... I do like to use pockets for covers since I like having the micro against tiny legs instead of PUL, and I can use them at night as pockets and keep baby dry.

Or maybe Happy Heiny's. For some reason, I'm just drawn to those. :lol:

Hmmm, for not liking pockets, my list has more of those than anything. ;) I could get a few and use them as covers with prefolds during the day and pockets with prefolds in them at night.Are there any that open in the front? I made some from the Very Baby Pattern like that, and I preferred it because I could just dump the insert out without having to touch it.

So I know a lot about what I don't like, but not much about what I do. Whatcha think? What would you get?
  2. MommytoTommy

MommytoTommy Active Member

Don't know much about the new stuff. We love our Very Baby all in one's. Still use BizzyBHive fitteds as well as Elbee Baby. Hate pockets here but love wool. So we use a combination of all in one's for going out and fitteds and wool for around the house.
  3. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

Little M's, oh wait. That's what I do have! :lol:
  4. Maura

Maura Gene Genie

I have so many different styles...I got carried away at one point:) Kari's Little M's are nice because they are *easy* to use- snap it in and you're done!
  5. leonasmama

leonasmama it's all 'bout da kynd

i wish i didn't invest in so many prefolds. i guess they were fine when dd was real little and didn't squirm so much but i just am at my whits end with them. i wish i had the motivation to make or the $$$ to buy enough AIO's for her so i would never have to see another prefold again!!!
  6. glockchick

glockchick Active Member

Kari!!! I knew I was forgetting something important! I was thinking about yours but couldn't remember the name. What size is Miranda in? I'm thinking KG would be about the same. They look about the same chub factor wise. LOL! Can you make me a couple to try out pretty please?
  7. SweetnSour

SweetnSour Bringing Happy back :D

If I could afford it I'd have a huge stash of Jamtots BerryPlush, these dipes are pure luxury :p

Great fit and bullet proof. and oh so soft and cute!
  8. Megmama

Megmama Happy Happy Joy Joy

Ok..I really like fitteds with wool covers the best. I like any wool..wrap, knitted by myself, whatever. Fitteds I've preferred are Tykie's and I have a huge stash of very well used and loved Kissaluvs that work great. Sophie's been using them since she was 6 months old.
    I haven't gone back to cloth since we moved...lazy :D I should get a new pail and get back to it so I can get her motivated to potty.
  9. Mina687

Mina687 New Member

Hmm I'm not really sure what I'd get. I loved FB's and HH's with DD. FB's worked better, but HH's Customer service was top notch. I used Hemp inserts. With this baby I am trying a bit of everything. I would really love to try the BumGenius, but there so Freaking expensive! I may get just a few to spoil this little one, when and if we can afford it. I bought some Sammy's Hemp OS, I have never used them before but I figured I'd try them out. Along with a bunch of Kissaluvs size 0 to start. I also just picked up a few Wonderoo's, but after letting my friend try them out I am a little worried as they appear to be leaking after one pee :-( They may just need to be striped and new inserts. We can't use wool because I am allergic to it. I tried with my DD, but every time I touched her my hands would react. As far as covers go, one can never have too many Air Flow covers, their bulky, but work like a hot ****. There the only covers that really worked for us, but i did get some Proraps and Bummis to try this time around. WOW I am nattering on and not really being helpful :eyes: I guess the only suggestion I have is to get a few different things and find out what works best for you. Best of luck with that and do share when you found what you like ;)
  10. SweetnSour

SweetnSour Bringing Happy back :D

they are exactly the same price as Fuzzibunz, and have the advantage of being one size, so you buy a 24 pack and you're all set til potty training :)
  11. Mina687

Mina687 New Member

Really?

Okkies I just went and looked and when did FB's go up in price? They used to be just under $14 and now there over $17, USD of cource. If that's the case then I will be buying BG and only buy FB used or as second. Wow move out of the CD loop for 3 years and Prices go Way up :shake: thus how inflation works i guess :-( Thanks for the heads up though :)
  12. katiejack

katiejack Active Member

We have one Valor Kid's AIO that we absolutely LOVE! They are soo expensive though, so, one it is! I really liked prefolds for Andy when he was 9 mo. and younger! However, my super soaker has outsoaked the prefolds (toddler that is at this point). We love pockets here - I make my own cotton pockets and just throw either diaper pants or fleece pants over them!
  13. lovencloth

Miranda is in a Medium and yes I can. PM me with some of your fav. PUL colors, how many you would like, and what type of absorbant fabric you would like (I have microfiber, hemp fleece, and hemp french terry right now, I can get sherpa if it is a must, but am currently out of it instock) and I can have them ready in a few days. ;)
  14. Stacebabe

Stacebabe New Member

I have been using some Wonderoos they are pocket diapers, but they are one size diapers. I do like fb better, but I just don't have the money to buy some fb after buying the Wonderoos. I keep using the Wonderoos because I have 2 in diapers and they can fit our 4 month old and the 2 year old.
    S
  15. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

So can use use the Wonderoos on a NB ,too? I mean do they fit nicely? Edited becasue I thought BumG's were ones size as well.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  16. heythereheather

heythereheather A reading family

I'm starting to think about it again, because I think I want to use cloth when we start foster care, which may include a baby/younger toddler. But I'm not sure how to go about investing in diapers when I don't know what size baby we would have!

For my sister, my mom and I are going to sew DiaperKit.com They are trim, easy to use, and they work. I suppose I should do that for foster kids, too, because I really like them.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  17. EmmalinesMom

EmmalinesMom Amity's Focus Member

The one size diapers like BumGenius are great for their long-term use and if you ever have 2 in diapers at once, it's nice not to have to worry about which diapers belong to which little one. I really love the BumGenius 2.0s. :)

We use a lot of Fuzzi Bunz too, as well as Happy Heiny solid colors. (The solids use the same material as FBs on the outside, so there's less wicking than with the prints.) Personally, I like aplix, but consider the snap vs aplix feature before you decide, if it matters to you. :)

(And for my spam :lol: you can use voucher YEAREND for 8% off at my site through 12/31, or join our email announcement list for discounts/specials throughout the year.) ;)
  18. lovencloth

BG's used to be, are they not now? Roos are pretty bulky on a nb (even my chunky monkey). I have also found that even with good care the elastic wears out after about a year. :(
    The original Roos were workhourses though, I have a couple I bought used that would have to be over 4 years old and they are some of the few that still work well for us.
  19. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

I just look at Jen's site adn it have s-Large sizes for BumG's:confused: are they or aren't they ?

Heather that diaper kit thing is very nice and in expensive! Im gonna order one to try it! Thanks~!
  20. EmmalinesMom

EmmalinesMom Amity's Focus Member

The BumGenius come in bamboo terry fitteds (sized), All in Ones (also sized) and pockets, which are one size. :) The one size pockets come with a CottonBabies microterry insert that you stuff them with, though for tiny babies, it may be a bit bulky, and you might want to stuff it with a hemp Little Weed, or a flat, even a folded up receiving blanket.

Sorry I wasn't more clear! :)