so tired...

Discussion in 'Ages 0-2' started by ~*~Seeking*Simplicity~*~, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ~*~Seeking*Simplicity~*~

~*~Seeking*Simplicity~*~ Amity's Focus Member

My first 4 kids slept. #5 does not. I am so tired. My boobs are drained. I end up crying in the middle of the night cause I am sooo tired of nursing - and just,well - TIRED. I hate my dh. He is always complaining *he* is tired & when he is home he is napping. When I hear him snore I want to smother him.
    Did I mention I am tired? :wah:
  2. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Boy have I been there (well, still am at 18 months but hoping it doesn't last that long for you!). Neither of my kids were good sleepers. I totally know the feeling of hating DH when he says HE is tired! He sleeps w/ ds1 and gets a full nights sleep. Anyway, it is soooooo hard and I can't say anything to help. I know how you feel and wish you relief. I know there are a lot of mamas here who will see your post and offer you some empathy.
    Sybil
  3. ~*~Seeking*Simplicity~*~

Thanks Sybil :) Sigh... Sometimes I end up feeling like why bother trying to make her happy? why not just let her cry? nothing I do makes her happy anyway. which is *so* not me. And I'm stupid. I'm absentminded to begin with but now I go around saying stupid stuff so my kids all laugh at me all of the time. lol
    She is asleep now of course, but I have kids to educate & the house needs to get picked up & I need to bake for company.wahhhhhh

(when we were fostering our foster baby had us up all night too, but dh got up with him most of the time. dh was glad when i got pg because he cant breastfeed... :vent: at this point inducing male lactation sounds fine by me!!!)
  4. ~*~Seeking*Simplicity~*~

here are some (((hugs))) for you too. if you have been going through it that long you need sleep far more than I do!
  5. onlyboys

onlyboys New Member

I would simply lay down the law--you need a nap. Period. There's not room in your life for sleep deprivation.

Can you sleep while the baby stays latched on? I'd say to my husband (and I do on occasion) here're the kids, I'm taking a much deserved NAP!

Here's hoping you get some better sleep soon!
  6. onlyboys

onlyboys New Member

Can you let some of that other stuff go until you are better rested? You need to take care of yourself, mama!
  7. ~*~Seeking*Simplicity~*~

I slept w/my other kids latched but my boobs are even bigger this time (read: I am fatter than ever) & she smothers. :wah: Dh tries to take her once in a while, but she cries ....
  8. ~*~Seeking*Simplicity~*~

we homeschool, so I gotta do that - and we have someone coming over today (in 4 hrs), so it needs to be done. I called dh & left him a message hoping he could come early & help, but he hasn't called back. In the meantime the toilet has backed up, my 4 yr old dumped yogurt on the carpet... I told the 2 oldest I was running away & they say good, where are we going LOL

dh just called - he is going to try to come home. I think when I started to cry he realized he should. lol how pathetic am I? lol
  9. bubbles

bubbles New Member

not that you haven't thought of this before, but could there be something going on like an allergy/intolerance or something else? I don't want to sound like you don't know what you are doing (obviously you are sucessfully raising your brood!) but since she cries a lot, nurses a lot, and doesn't sleep well it makes me wonder.... We did cranio-sacral, two chriopractors, and dietary changes. Didn't help much and dh was tired of shelling out the money. Anyway, would it help to brainstorm ideas or do you think it is pretty much just challenging baby syndrome?
    Boy, if my guy wasn't such a challenge I would be over there to help, but at this point we would just make your life more difficult, lol.
    Hang in there mama and thanks for the hugs!
    Sybil
  10. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Me too. I even went off it for over a month to totally get it out of my system to make sure it wasn't the problem. Unfortunately, it wasn't, so back to coffee I went.
    Wanted to add, while Quinten is still challenging in the sleep department (well, other ways too) it is much better than those newborn days. Those were really hard days and I feel for mamas w/ difficult little ones.
    Here's wishing you a very helpful and understanding dh today.
  11. ~*~Seeking*Simplicity~*~

yep - i've started drinking coffee. hoping it doesnt affect her!

we've considered it may be an allergy - her diapers are super freaky lol. i'm guessing dairy. oddly my ibs has flared up again (and in the past being vegan made it go away). But even though I have been vegan in the past, been raw even & I would have a healthier conscience if I went off dairy - I dont wanna! LOL I wantmy parmesan!!!! I've said I'm going to try it though. I just need to do it. she probably is allergic. no more pesto??? :wah: I suppose sleep trumps pesto LOL
  12. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Sounds like a strong possiblity. I think it takes 2 weeks or so to totally clear it out of the system. I think the even harder part (than not having your parmesean) is all the hidden places it is. Caseinate, etc. Good luck! I hope it helps.
  13. lildevil77

lildevil77 New Member

I wanna smother my dh almost every day! With each snore the rage builds, not kidding I have to breath deep and start a relaxation thing I learned from hypno-babies otherwise I just might! This too shall pass right?lol I nap when I can, when the baby naps, I pop a dvd in make sure Victoria has a drink and a snack and we lay on the couch, she thinks she is getting such a treat but really it is me who is getting the treat lol Hope you find some time to nap!
  14. heythereheather

heythereheather A reading family

My DS just started sleeping through the night at 2 1/2. It is bliss, but it was a looong road to get there.

I definitely would think some kind of allergy going on there. :hug: