sloooooooow but steady progress

Discussion in 'Sewing & Craft' started by mcmrymoon, Mar 1, 2006.

1. mcmrymoon

mcmrymoon Doer of deeds

i'm telling ya - ds KNOWS i need him to sleep and he won't!!! every nite for the past 2 weeks i haven't been able to get any crafting done!!! (i've also had to miss my workouts...ugh!) everything is getting done - but sllllloooowwwly!!!

so far - my progress:
    pirate jails - all sewn, need to drill and attach jail signs, barrels bought, cut out roof leaves
    pagan swap - everything ready to go
    wizard hats - need to sew hem
    wizard apothecarthy - have chamomile flowers- just need something to hold them (i want to sew simple bags - we'll see ;) )
    fun in the sun - need to have sand glued on
    easter egg swap - all ready (i found pastel egg candles!!! beautiful!!!! - the egg cups are staying unpainted now since the eggs are so pretty!!!)
    easter egg stuffer - all ready
    st patty's tiny things - need something to hold green rock collections
    castle - i've got my idea at least :lol:

i think that is all the current swaps. they are coming mamas! i may ask my mom to watch ds on friday so i can knock everything out and mail sat. dh is away this weekend too UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. PolkaDot

PolkaDot My Little Pixie!

:big hug:

It's OK ..life happens..I have not done any crafting today really! It's been so pretty here..and our yard is not fenced in:(..so I am pretty much on my feet when outside!
  3. TraceyH

TraceyH Following the Son!

Same here!! This tease of nice weather just says, "come out and play". Although, my ankles are about 5x's the size they should be and it is very hard to walk too much!! LOL. I am getting the gardening itch. I have tried to make myself sit down and craft, but just can't do it today!!!

Just get that pirate one done quick so my ds will have a bday present HAHAH~

Just kidding, you can only do what you can do! Hope you can get some help this weekend. I know how hard it is when dh is either too busy to help or away and no one else is around to give you a breather!! It is just hard to do everything!!

That is why we crafty moms must stick together and love each other no matter what!! :hug:
  4. mom2kbeth

mom2kbeth New Member

You're getting there! Things happen, no biggie. We know you're good for it ;)

I finally got to start crafting again last night :cuc: I finished the 2 slots for the pagan kids swap last night, pagan mamas this evening, and dragon 2 and 3 today. I am so excited! Now I have to get all my dragons sewn for dragon #1 which will take forever
  5. MGray

MGray Active Member

I'm sewing away at my dragons too - 10 is starting to seem like a lot and the 10th is right around the corner! And um, well, I haven't done more than bought supplies for everything else.

I have lots on neat ideas though :D

Must go make more dragons!
  6. TraceyH

TraceyH Following the Son!

You guys are very ahead of me on dragons. I am still drafting a pattern to fit what I see in my head!!! I just don't want to do it. I want it to be right in front of me so I can sit and sew. I may have to simplify just so I can get to that point because I have to make 9 and due date for the swap is right around the corner. Then there are others behind it. Must... stop.... obsessing... about 1 dragon pattern!!!
  7. mom2kbeth

mom2kbeth New Member

That's exactly where I am as well. I have half of one finished but can't get the underbelly and pouch the way I want them so I have put it aside and I don't want to tackle it. But I have to because it's due to be shipped next week and I have to make 10 of them *yikes* I need to get moving. I am promising myself that I will start again on them tomorrow night.
  8. mcmrymoon

mcmrymoon Doer of deeds

looks like i'll be shipping sat afterall! yippee!!! i had both boys in bed by 7:15. my 6 yo was alittle whiny but now that dh is home he is happy. i totally finished the pirate stuff (they look sooo freakin' cute i might add :lol:) thanks to hot glue - my new best friend. i am just jumping on-line to check swapper totals one last time!!!!!!!

yeah!!!!!!!!!!