Shoes for summer

Discussion in 'Ages 0-2' started by Suzie, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Suzie

Suzie Amity's Focus Member

What type of shoes are you getting for you LO this summer?

Liam is not walking yet. He is standing without holding onto things for about 1-2 mins but will not take steps yet. He is a crawling maniac, lol.

I'm thinking of some type of sandle with covered toes that will protect him now since he's still a crawler.
  2. emmas~clogs

emmas~clogs meanie mommy ;)

Elliott is 13 months and still a crawler too. I will probably keep the Robeez type shoes on him with or without socks or let him go barefoot for a while and see if he starts to walk soon/see what he needs.
  3. Kateg1

Kateg1 Guest

I have been looking for something for Charlie, he is walking a bit so I think we are going to go with a closed sandal as well
  4. Suzie

Update: Liam started walking last night! :lol:

I really like saltwater sandles for summer but I'm not sure how proficient he will be at walking. Time will tell.

I'm still leaning toward close-toes sandles. I'm not sure what brand.

any suggestions?
  5. sweet~potato

sweet~potato Active Member

6. Suzie

Oh, the SeeKaiRun sandles are CUTE!!!!
  7. Barb

Barb Moderator Staff Member

Alea is 15 months and wearing crocs right now which surprises me but she loves them. Her feet are chubby so the soft shoes (target brand) leave marks on her ankles. Right now she's in crocs but i'm looking for sandals for her so subbing
  8. 3boysnagrl

3boysnagrl Amity's Focus Member

9. Suzie

My mom and I went shopping the other day and bought him saltwater sandles. Still not sure about them but he seems ok with walking (cruising) around in them.

Added bonus: the buckle! He can't figure out how to get them off yet. He's already my little stripper, it's hilarious. Shoes, socks, shirt, pants...he can figure his way out of them all. So hopefully he'll not figure out the buckle for a while, lol :prayers:
  10. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

Scarlett wears crocs, robeez and some sandals that we got from target that are pretty flexible. She's been walking since 10 months and is 14 months now.

I REALLY want some buckle sandals though...b/c she takes her crocs and velcro sandals off...buckles would be nice.
  11. nellebelle

nellebelle believer of miracles

land of frigid winters and sweltering summers
    Pondering this myself... Elle is walking and crawling... Sort of whatever is working for her at the moment, lol. She has a REALLY high instep. I have not found anything that works all that well. Even going up a size doesn't always work. Might have to go barefoot at this rate;)