rewards for 100 Easy Lessons?

Discussion in 'Alternative Learning' started by TulaneMama, May 25, 2010.

1. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

DD is doing well with this program and I would love to reward her. 100 lessons is a long time to wait for a final reward!

We have a chart up that she gets a sticker for each time she finishes a lesson. She LOVES this, but I would like to motivate her a little more and make the process special. Since I have never done this program before, I am not sure what she could read after say 20 lessons. I was thinking a trip to the store for an easy reader would work.

what books are out there that would break down easily over the 100 lessons? I could sit and look through a gazillion books to find the ones that work - just hoping that someone else has already done the leg work!
  2. tash

tash New Member

wow. we are doing 100 easy lessons too! I got some stamp markers from the dollar store and give her one stamp after each of the tasks, then she gets a sticker to put on her calender after the lesson. But my daughter likes to instant reward stuff.

have you see this? Handwriting Lessons - Manuscript Practice

also we have this book "mouse makes words" and it has a lot of simple words with rhyming and stuff. like: HAT, take off the H, bring in a C and Yikes! it's a CAT. It doesn't follow the 100 easy lessons, but it's cute.

You can also do something simple like "see me eat", have her write it and then draw a picture about eating.
  3. TulaneMama

Tash...we should meet up sometime!!!! don't we know each other from El paso?
  4. tash

tash New Member

yes. I lived across the big street off base on the mountain when you lived by the hospital. :)

are you in MD now?
  5. TulaneMama

i thought so!!! yes we are at Meade. Arrived May 1st and should be here for a few years. I am currently in ME visiting my parents while we wait to move in. I will shoot you a message as soon we ove in and you can swing by sometime when you are tending your garden!!!
  6. tash

tash New Member

so you are not in MD right now? we were just at the pool this morning. and then there is the picnic next week. let me know when you are here here. :)