Refunds from Little Lambs?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by apmommy, Jun 29, 2005.

1. apmommy

apmommy Member

I'm really getting worried. I ordered 8 LL AIOs that I posted about recently because they're leaking around the legs. I *refuse* to put a wrap on them---they're supposed to work on their own, right? :eyes: DH is really upset because we spent so much money, and they're leaking. PLUS 3 snaps have already broken off the soakers. Jennifer *does* email back, but it's usually 2-3 days after my email is sent. I'm at the point of asking for a refund, and sending the whole works back. She's been nice in her emails (even though it takes her so long to respond), but someone mentioned that she hadn't refunded someone's money after they'd mailed back their covers? Is this true? Anyone have a good transaction sending *back* their items? Thanks...
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  2. Marion

Marion Back to running!

Finally living my life the way I was meant to!
    Yep, a customer returned their order after having used them and she didn't refund their money, as far as I know.

There was a huge blow up with the owner's husband. Just be thankful you're not forced to communicate with him.

Perhaps locating her phone number and calling her might be a better idea.
  3. rjeast

rjeast New Member

I returned 2 large aios for 2 xlarge aios due to the sizing issue. I exchanged and not refunded but she sent the xl's very promptly and I had no problems at all with the transaction.

My aios used to wick but after several (and I mean like 10) washings they finally worked great. Up tot that point they wicked where the elastic was sewn in at the legs.

I hope you get this resolved :)
  4. thrifty_sahm

thrifty_sahm Now a WAHM

Yep, it was my friend and my friend's friend in this transaction that is mentioned above. They are out diapers and money. Seems like it was well over $200. I think it was kind of the same situation. diapers leaking.
  5. kas

kas Kinder & Gentler

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
  6. NaturalNewborn

NaturalNewborn New Member

My little lambs wick like that too, and I just spray them with some waterproofing spray on the outside and now they work fabulous. It may be less hassle to just waterproof them yourself than to send them back and hope for a refund. You can use Campdry or any other waterproofing spray...look for it in the camping/sporting goods section at walmart, it's like $3-4 a can and well worth it IMO!!

Knowing the history of some problems, I would hesitate to send them back in anticipation of a refund. I've never sent any back myself so don't have any "personal" experience with her refund policy.
  7. Katie

Katie Amity's Focus Member

That's just really sad that you had to do that.

A brand new diaper SHOULD work.

Katie
  8. crunchywithmilk

crunchywithmilk New Member

:ditto:
  9. kadidia

kadidia Diaper Making Mama

It also depends on how long you leave a wet diaper on. If you are changing right away...and I mean within 5-15 min of wetting, they should in theory work. I've never thought that PUL is completely waterproof when used in covers or AIOs. They work great as an immediate barrier, but for long periods of time, no.

If you want to use them for long periods of time (I have no clue how long you are leaving them on baby after they pee), then I would also recommend the waterproofing spray.
  10. PoetMom

PoetMom Changing my family tree.

Well now, my boys aren't in diapers any more but I had higher expectations of a diaper than 5-15 minutes. It's not that I had any desire to leave a child in a wet diaper -- on the contrary -- but I'd have never been able to parent a big kid and infant twins if I had to stick my finger in their diaper every FIVE to FIFTEEN minutes to check for dampness!

Probably few of the WAHM diapers I loved then are still around. But I did have diapers that had to "break in" to work well. It would be a shame to have to waterproof them yourself, but if the WAHM can't make it right . . . what other choice do you have?
  11. mamarina

mamarina Knitting like crazy!!

I feel the same, if my son pees, I don't need my clothes wet if I am slinging or holding him. I need the diaper to hold the wetness in til I can get him changed. After having some excellent AIO's, I know that leaking at the legs does not have to happen, kwim?

Prior to the huge problem that was mentioned, I exchanged without a problem... but I am not sure about now.

Also, look into the waterproofing spray. A couple of mamas at MDC did some research on it, and there are some pretty harsh chemicals in it.

I would ask for a refund.
  12. RightMama

RightMama Expecting Baby #5!

i dont have any experience with this WAHM so i have no advice there...

PUL gets better the more its dried in the dryer. The heat from the dryer seals the little holes from the sewing needles. If you havent washed/dried the diapers several times, you might try that and it would likely help a great deal. Id also try the waterproofing spray the other mamas suggested.

Good Luck!
  13. Sharon

Sharon Struggling Flybaby

Actually PUL works fine for long periods of time. I've used PUL covers for naps and long car rides for years (Stacinator So Simples) since they're my main cover to use. And I've used them for overnight, too, though I prefer wool for overnight. Oh, and I've never used the waterproofing spray on them.

I do NOT like AIO's, though. I've never found one that didn't leak eventually.
  14. nuttymudder

nuttymudder Active Member

huh. I've also thought that it was bad to put PUL in the dryer. That it would wear it out faster. That's interesting to know!
  15. apmommy

apmommy Member

Well, I'm still waiting to hear from Jennifer from LL. I emailed her yesterday, and it's been 3 days since I've heard back. I'm not going to waterproof anything, but thanks so much anyway. :sadhug: If I pay for something, it should work "as is", no ifs, ands or buts.

Now, I'm afraid to ask for a refund becuase I'm afraid I'll never see my money. Funny--she responded pretty quickly to my emails before I paid, but now that I've paid, she's not emailing as often. I've not even gotten all the things that I've ordered.
  16. littleturtle

littleturtle Finding my Inner Knitter

baking a happiness cake with the ingredients I alr
    Can you file with paypal, or has the time to file run out?
  17. rawkstarwife

rawkstarwife Guest

18. Halo

Halo Up on my Paradigm

Golly, maybe it's because I use

FB and Bumpy covers exclusively, but I've left my 2 year old in a dipe for two hours and have RARELY had a leaking issue with the Bumpys and NEVER a leak issue with FB.

I recommend to customers at my store that they don't put PUL covers or FB in the dryer, as it will break the laminate down over time. Most manufacturers recommend line drying for PUL, although in a AIO that's virtually impossible...