really tired

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by mom2tig99Nroo03, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mom2tig99Nroo03

mom2tig99Nroo03 MamaBearishFireman'sFlame

of pumping :(

my little sweetie is still getting **most** of the benefits of bf, except i don't have it as a mommying tool to calm an upset little one, and he is so unpredictable bc of his refux. when i'm by myself (like now- hub is at work, and the inlaws hve taken the 9yr old and the 6yr old to church) it is hard to pump because i feel bad putting him in his swing instead of holding him long enough to pump for him. sometimes he cries in there and it breaks my heart.

we're still staying w hub's parents til we can get back on our feet financially, and that is both a huge blessing as well as a source of stress (fil is getting up there in years and has some quirks we'll just say, so walking on eggshells is common about half the time...)
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. mom2tig99Nroo03

ugh- also, we live on the coast. it is hurricane season. i'm worried about having to evacuate and trying to express and feed etc.

adjusted age is a little over a week now. i was kinda hoping he'd have a lightbulb moment where he decided he didnt want fake nipples anyore and wanted to latch onto me the right way.
  3. Chickapea

Chickapea Guest

:hug: Have you tried nipple shields to see if it could transition him?

It sounds very stressful all around.
  4. pj and the bear

pj and the bear New Member

first, congrats!! on the new little munchkin!!

This seems to be the year of nursing problems. At least for me. You have an excuse since yours was/is a preemie. My 6 week old is just tiny and her ped (who I'm going to beat when I see him next!!) wanted her on formula when she was 2 1/2 weeks old for FTT. I'm going to smack him for not giving me info on SNS which would have alleviated the nipple confusion and refusal to nurse by the 3rd day.

Anyway, what about an SNS - supplimental nursing system??? You've probably tried this but what about nursing and pumping at the same time??? In order to get my baby to latch on I need to coax her with an eyedropper full of formula. would that work?? I always applaud the mom's that pump!!! It is soooo time consuming and not easy either. I have done it occasionally for my other kids and I often feel like moo-ing. :)

HTH
  5. mom2tig99Nroo03

cindy, yeah tried the shield. he doesnt want to suck enoughj to get milk out; i could let down like a firehose if he'd just suck! i even tried expressing a bit to get the milk there so he'd be rewarded w the firstr suck, but he wants nothing to do w the breast now. clamps mouth and goes to sleep or screams the whole time i try, thereby swallowing more air, thereby making reflux worse...

thnx leah, i'd happily do either of those (sns or pup while nursing) but he doesn't latch onto me at all. lots of peds still say theres no such thing as nipple confusion. bullcrap! i'm not shaped like a bottle nipple, and non of the mamas i helped were either (i'm a former bf counselor)- it is frustratingly ironic that i cant nurse my own baby when i helped so many mamas bf.
  6. soonsoonsoon

soonsoonsoon New Member

Yes this seems to be a good idea. Try to do it.
  7. mom2tig99Nroo03

well, he's now 8 months old, and i'm still ep. :sigh:

sucks big rotten eggs. he is for sure my last baby and i miss the relationship i had with the big 2 kids. i love him with all my heart but i still feel like we are missing something :(