Question for Mama's who use prefolds and pins...HELP

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by dudster74, Jul 7, 2005.

1. dudster74

dudster74 busy

I am going to be using prefolds on my 3mo old ds. I do have some snappis but they do not work on my flannel prefolds.....

How the heck do you go about pinning them on!!! I can't seem to get them tight enough...they keep sliding

Do you have any tips for me???? TIA ~jennifer~.........About ready to throw pins out window :happy:
  2. lupineperriwink

lupineperriwink Gnome Queen

Have you tried just putting them in a tight cover without pinning?
  3. hello1107

hello1107 moving to the next phase

Well, I haven't tried flannel, but here is what I do for my cpfs. I grab the bottom corner that I will be pinning and tug it up toward baby's head before bringing it around to pin. That helps get it tight around the legs anyway. Then I pin it tight at the waist so I can just fit my fingers in there to keep the pin from poking all the way through.

I would think that it would be pretty hard to keep flannel from sliding. There isn't much stretch to the fabric, KWIM?
  4. tmrhopkins

tmrhopkins I will beat cancer

Practice, Practice, practice....

I also used a variety of snug covers. I think that when my twins were that age and still have bf'ding blow-outs that I would even use just the gerber "plastic" pull ups from Wal-mart and they seemed to hold everything in ok.

Tawnya
  5. RFamHere

RFamHere ~DDD Mama~

I used to do pins and pull on pants, then I found wraps and I haven't used pins since. I love Proraps! However when I did use pins, I didn't worry about how tight they were. I saw the pins as holding the diaper together until I got the pull on over up.