Question about tapping points

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by bubbles, May 8, 2007.

1. bubbles

bubbles New Member

I have used the tapping technique from the EFT website and was just looking at those on Deborah's site. They vary a little bit. Is one set better than another or better for certain circumstances? Also, the overall pattern of the technique is a bit different. Deborah's technique is a bit simpler, should I work with that?
    Thanks!
  2. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Hi,
    Good question -- you can try the shorter routine and see if you still get results. If so, great. If not, add in the other points.

Originally Gary Craig, the founder originally used a longer protocol that included the points on the hand as well as the gamut point. This is what is taught in his manual.

He found over time that the entire routine is often not needed and experimented with eliminating points.

(Along the way, the crown point was added because it taps several energy channels. Some folks do it at the start, some at the end -- doesn't matter.)

If you use the short routine (eyebrow, side of the eye, under the eye, nose, chin, collarbone, under arm, head) and are getting results, you don't need other points. If you are not getting results, you can add in the liver point (nipple point) and the nine gamut. There are many many points on the body that access the meridians, these points were chosen for their accessibility and results.

Hope this helps!
    - Deborah
  3. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

I added the liver point, the wrist, and the crown, though I sometimes forget them as I do a round of tapping, as discussed in one of the EFT newsletters. I also have been sometimes tapping on both sides (when I'm not holding a baby, LOL). And, those things seem to have helped me to have some better results. I'm committing to spending some time each day tapping, as it really seems to help me deal better with my children (ppd issues). I also am going to call Deborah again so that maybe with her help I can clear away some issues more quickly.

I think the liver point was a good one for me as it deals with anger. I was trying to find the newsletter date that discussed adding points and tapping on both sides of the body, but I am not seeing it at the moment. It was late April.

I am no longer taking herbs for ppd. I kept missing doses about a week ago and just quit. I am not really noticing a huge difference now.
  4. bubbles

bubbles New Member

Thank you to both of you. That helps. I will try the simplified version and add as necessary. I need to get back into it and be diligent to see if I can get some results. I am sure this can help me w/ the adrenal healing process that I am going through now.
    I will keep the liver point in since I do have some anger issues. I will also look some more for that newsletter. I get them but haven't been reading them. Doesn't do much good that way does it? lol.