Question about cloth diapers

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Jenn4262, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Jenn4262

Jenn4262 Following my path

Okay, so the last time I used cloth diapers was with my 17 year old son, and I folded them into oragami shapes and put them on with pins. I have the time and resources with this baby to cloth diaper; and now, when I search the internet for them, my head spins! What happened? I really feel like I missed something!

I ordered two AIO's from Little Lambs; they are supposed to fit from NB to Pottytraining; they look kinda bulky for a newborn to me, but my husband says it's fine. Does anyone have any experience with these? They seem to be the "easiest" I like the all in one convenience, but I worry that maybe I should just get all the different sizes for comfort for the baby.

Comments? Suggestions? Opinions?
  2. norasmama

norasmama Nigel's mama too!

I am a little scared of All-in-ones, personally. I have had a few that have lost their waterproofness, then they entire diaper is useless. I much prefer to have separate diaper and covers.

As far as the zillion different options, it's best to try one or two of each to see what works on *your* child. Different dipes will fit (or NOT fit) different babies' shapes, well, differently.

That said, I am a prefold girl at heart. I have been using fitteds with my ds, but I think prefolds and pullon covers are still as easy to put on as the fancier velcro dipes, and MUCH easier to take care of. (I have thought about dyeing my old CPF's to make them seem a little fancier, lol). My personal favorite prefolds are the European prefolds at www.weebees.com.

HTH!
  3. Jenn4262

So... I could just buy regular prefold diapers and stick them in a velcro/snap cover. Folded like I was going to pin it, but then just put the cover on instead? That actually seems a LOT simpler than the AIO thing; these diapers have a hundred zillion snaps on it.

Frankly, I didn't think the diapers/pins were that bad. I never stabbed the baby (jabbed myself a couple times there at first) and he never had a rash. It's really overwhelming, though, all the different choices!
  4. EMTonya

EMTonya learning....click...

when i started with cloth i said it had to be as easy as paper or else i wouldnt do it. so i started with aio's with ds. they were fine. my wonderoos have since lost their elastisity & my little lambs have either lost their waterproofness or ds pees too much :rolleyes: good thing he is nearly completely learning to go in the potty everytime.....even thru the night :happy:

with dd i've used aio's and fitteds w/covers. i like both. i dont like aio's as much anymore because with the fitteds + covers i can reuse covers (i wipe them with a wipe between uses) unless they get poop on them and i must wash an aio with just a wet diaper.

i agree you gotta go with what works for your baby's fit. many here love fuzzibunz. theyre an aio and come in different sizes.
  5. Breila

Breila New Member

I was overwhelmed too by all the choices out there this time, when I was used to prefolds and pins. I bought several different types of diapers and have discovered that for me, I like prefolds and snappis at home, and pocket dipes (like FuzziBuns or Happy Heinys) when we are out. The pocket diapers are easier/quicker to change when out and about, but they are pretty pricey, so I stick to prefolds at home. I haven't found my favorite cover yet, but I think I like Bumpkins. I have some Bummis too, and they leak, but I think it may be their age as I bought them used. I am going to have to invest in some new covers soon

DH's fave seems to be the Kissaluvs contours I got with a Dappi cover, that is what he uses whenever they are clean!
  6. Jenn4262

That Weebees site is great! Lots of info and even a list of the stuff I'll need :) THanks!
  7. LatteLover

LatteLover Amity's Focus Member

You can even buy flats and fold them in the oragami fold if you want! I would get some dyed ones myself!!!