Project Fiftytwo: Week 19 May 7-May 13

Discussion in 'Talk Photography' started by Sunflower_Momma, May 7, 2009.

1. Sunflower_Momma

Sunflower_Momma "Christian"

post em! :peeper:
  2. Sunflower_Momma

3. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

:hahaha: YOU DID IT!!!! Love it!!!

BUT IT ISN"T FRIDAY!!! Make up your mind woman ;) You are confusing me! :smooch:
  4. Sunflower_Momma

But, my house was clean TODAY and there is zero guarantee that it still will be tomorrow.
  5. Maura

Maura Gene Genie

I love that!
  6. teathymes

teathymes mama pajama

you are adorable!! seriously, every photo I see of you I am more and more impressed with your talent and the time and thought you put into it. clever, clever girl.
  7. Sunflower_Momma

Thanks! T, I do want you to know that I stuffed by bra to try to maximize boobage, but it didn't come through.
  8. Christi

Christi Perpetually NAK'ing

I am soooooooooooo uncreative.
  9. Sunflower_Momma

um, Christi, you are one excellent photographer.
  10. Christi

Christi Perpetually NAK'ing

Thanks. I guess photographing others will have to suffice, lol.
  11. sveasmommy

sveasmommy Rory and Tait too!

[​IMG]

In my professional life, I'm a bit of a breast expert. I spend a majority of my time sizing them, lifting them, supporting them, helping people get milk out of them, healing them, figuring out what to do if they're gone. When my husband makes a joke and says that "his wife got a boob job", its all in good fun but a wee bit misleading. As a certified bra and mastectomy prosthetic fitter and certified lactation counselor, I see more breasts in a week than most of you will see in a lifetime. But, I take what I do very seriously. As women, there is a lot tied up in our breasts. A lot of our identity and a lot of our insecurity. My entrance into my work (and the heartbeat of all I do) has been with breastfeeding. Growing up, I was always quite insecure about the size of my breasts...always called flat, always not filling out my clothes, always not feeling as womanly as I'd like. (Though I will note that I look significantly more busty that reality in the picture. It's all about the angles, huh?) But for all the talk from a certain segments of the feminist population that claim that breastfeeding ties us down and limits our opportunities, I never felt more like a woman that when I had a baby at my breast. Here was where my body was doing what it was created to do. I felt more like myself while nourishing my children than ever before. Our culture has ripped this away from so many women. It clearly communicates that while your breasts might be adequate for attracting the opposite sex, they will likely be unable to feed your child. It is simply not true. Big money, big profits, our healthcare system in bed with the formula companies...all work together to rob women of what they were made to do. Don't get me wrong; while I believe strongly in the benefits of breastfeeding, if a woman has made an educated, informed choice to use formula, more power to her. But that is simply not what I see in my office day after day. I see women, who want this experience, cut down by those that tell them that they are inadequate, that they aren't making enough milk, that one bottle won't hurt. Breastfeeding is about so much more than what kind of milk goes into the baby. It is about claiming what our bodies were designed to do. I've learned to love these breasts, to find incredibly value in them and to reward them for a job well done...with a fabulous new bra from a certified bra fitter that I know!
  12. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    Amber, I love this pic and your sentiments. I share many of them and have experienced the heartache of society telling me that trying to nurse was not important, was embarassing, that my body wasn't made to do it, etc... I dried up at 6 months with both boy's due to societal pressure and Dr.'s recommendations and judgements. Happy to say that third time was the charm though and I nursed my wee Gwennaboo until she self weaned at 22 months! The time spent nursing her was so liberating and was one of the most cherished times of my motherhood.
  13. tikva18

tikva18 busy building blocks

[​IMG]
    commentary on flickr
  14. snugbug

snugbug Watching my baby grow