Possibly moving to NC...NC mamas~Need your help, please...

Discussion in 'Meetups' started by kas, Jul 3, 2005.

1. kas

kas Kinder & Gentler

just found out that dh will more than likely be extending his time here and we really wanna get out of the city and are looking at possibly moving to nc-near the state line.

anyone know what's around there that's about 30-45 miles of norfolk, va?

i've heard that the cola is much lower in nc, and am looking for a comparable cola site to compair the two now...tia :)
  2. ThreeSuns

ThreeSuns Amity's Focus Member

try looking at emporia and south hill
  3. MGray

MGray Active Member

Well, I can get to Norfolk in under 2 hours. Rocky Mount is about 30 minutes from me, so you will want to be looking NE of Rocky Mount.

Be careful though, if I recall correctly, there is a paper plant near the NC, VA border near I-95 that stinks. I could be remembering wrong though - its been along time since I was back and forth regularly to Norfolk.

I don't blame you for wanting to get out of the city though. I did not enjoy living in Norfolk.

I will say that Eastern NC is a very poor area.
  4. Chickapea

Chickapea Guest

There is def. a paper plant in Canton that smells horrific (rotten cabbage) so if there's a paper plant near the area you're looking, I'd def. say do NOT move near there. LOL It can be smelled a good distance away, too. SHEW!
  5. birthdance

birthdance New Member

There's always the OBX. Yesterday I got to Norfolk in about an hour from my house (granted it was 0500, but hey, it can be done!). Its beautiful here but the downsides are 1. housing is $expensive 2. there's not really any decent shopping (if you care about that) and 3. the tourists in the summer can get on your nerves. Other than that its great. Have you looked into Deep Creek or Moyock in Currituck? The prices there are reasonable and its just over the border from Chesapeake.
  6. earlygirl

earlygirl Active Member

What about Asheville Kas?

Psssttt .... It's me "Varuca" :)