*Please* how much does a weeks worth of disposables cost?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Selissa, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Amber

Amber Just enjoying life

These are my favorite too! I stock up when they are on sale and pay $4.50 for a jumbo pack(what they are on sale for right now) or less. I prefer these to the namebrand ones now as they don't have that funny smell and to a great job.
  2. Slabobbin

Slabobbin New Member

Cool, if she doesn't want them PM me and we'll work something out. :)
  3. Korwynne

Korwynne Mama of Miracles

we had that experience with the supreme, not the other. :)
  4. sunpharee

sunpharee lil miss sunshine

Luvs are perfume-y they cost about $24 for 126 dipes size 4
    white clouds are about $7 for 40 and dont have a smell
    hth
  5. AngelaJ

AngelaJ Senior Member

The regular huggies work best for us. I really like the Pampers crusisers, but they don't have any elastic at the back top, so everytime she poos in those, it comes out the back. The basic target kind are fine, too. I usually buy the big box at Costco........that lasts around a month(full-time), so around 8-9 dollars a week, plus wipes, about 1 a month or so.(I use cloth wipes at home) I really hate using sposies all of the time, but 5 poos a day of the peanut butter variety was getting real old.......
  6. kkdmommy

kkdmommy married 2 house clone

I buy Luvs by the biggest pack WM carries, they're about $15 and last a good long time with only 1 in dipes now. They are a little perfumey, they just changed the formula again. But less so than Pampers which make me literally gag just walking past them in the store. We had horrible luck w/ generics, including white cloud, and huggies too. They all leaked so bad. If I wanted to do extra laundry every day I'd still be using cloth, lol.

ETA, I buy the WM generic brand of baby wipes by the case and they last forever, even using them for faces & other messes.
  7. mommy2maya

mommy2maya Amity's Focus Member

We used huggies supremes with ty til he hit about 24lbs, and 2yo- after that he peed right out of them! The diapers that work best for us now are pampers premiums, well, actually now he is using pampers pullups, yippy!
  8. Claire

Claire New Member

My favorite are pampers...they do tend to have a scent to them I think though. Huggies we did not like at all..just didn't fit our kid and they weren't as soft as pampers either. Luvs I hated b/c they left those little gell balls behing and it grossed me out. Walmart's White Cloud work well I think
  9. HunnerBunz

HunnerBunz New Member

I have a half pack of Dri Bottoms (about 21 diapers) that I will gladly send you. They are a size 3 (16 to 26lbs). They don't smell to bad, not like pampers. I got them at Wal-Mart. If you want them pm me your addy and I'll send them out this week.
  10. 2cutiesmama

2cutiesmama formerly ~ mama2ryan

I love Luvs....they are a little bit perfumy but they work really well. I have used them off and on since my dd was born and the entire time my ds was in diapers and have had very few leaks. Plus they are cheap...i think the mega pack is like $12-13 and they are usually on sale for about 10 bucks. If i have/want to use sposies they are the best IMO :)
  11. treecitydiapers

treecitydiapers New Member

Okay, I have never used sposies so I can't help but I have to say this thread is *cracking* me up!! I had no idea that there was such a variation in sposies!

You all might as well be discussing which cloth diaper is the best :lol:

I thought people just bought whatever sposies were on sale and that they all worked the same! Very enlightening for me, thank you!
  12. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

Selissa I just recalled www.tushies.com They are a gel free, perfume free, dye frr, and latex free. As close as you can get to natural sposie. A little more pricey but you might feel better using them.