Phrasing

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Rhea, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have had wonderful, quick results since changing how I phrase things. This may not be new, it's been forever since I read the manual or watched any DVDs, but it is currently new to me. :)

Background: We love holosync, and my husband recently bought paraliminals which we have not been impressed with and will be returning, BUT...

I've been quite taken with how things are sometimes phrased on the CDs. The statement is set inside something larger, often times several of them are set inside one paragraph. But they way they are done, there's very little resistance.

For example, (I'm making this one up since I don't remember any specific phrases) instead of "Make the time for what's most important," it will be something like "I find that making the time for what's most important frees me to focus clearly and I delight in seeing the wonderful results.

I used it in the car the other day when a memory came to me and I had an emotional reaction, and I found that before I'd finished even one round, it was gone. I "searched" but found no negative emotions around the event I was remembering at all.

This morning I was meditating, letting random thoughts just pass on through, when one came up from my childhood and I felt the tension in my chest, felt sad, and angry at my parents.

So I tapped on it this way: "Having let go of my sadness over not being allowed to pursue what I loved, I find I feel free and light." Before I'd even finished all the tapping points, I realized I didn't feel sad about that memory any more, but as I searched memories around the event, I remember when my parents refused, and I felt anger. So I did, "Having let go of any anger around my parents not letting me pursue it, I find I now feel free and light." At each tapping point I changed it a little bit, like "now I feel joyful." Once again, it was so clear before I'd even finished the round that it was cleared.

Rhea
  2. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

I often struggle with the phrasing too. The more I practice the clearer it certainly does become.

Your thoughtful phrases are quite helpful! Congrats on your accomplishments!!
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Well done, Rhea:) Phrasing can make all the difference. It is individual for everyone. This Holosync phrasing reminds me of Patricia Carrington's choices method a bit. (not the same though)

IN a similar vein...I started listening to Mercola's recommended meditation brain wave Cd thingy:)(instead of Holosync..) And I find when my brain waves get very relaxed(whichever wave that is.!?!) I find that tappable issues come up for me...which has been FASCINATING. It has been also kind of painless. I tap on them at a later time. I just started listening to the CD this week, but man, I am thrilled that stuff is coming out in a non stressful way.

Wouldn't it be fun if we all could get together and TAP? :)
  4. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Hey, that's what I was listening to this morning when that issue came up for me. I just tapped right then while listening. We had holosync first, lost it at some point, and then got the one you mentioned above.

Rhea
  5. Linda

NOw that is very interesting...the coincidence. I listened again lat night and nothing came up..or if it did I ignored it and went to sleep..LOL~
  6. brooken

brooken New Member

That phrasing is very helpful, thank you!
    This came up for me today too, and I really didn't know what I was doing. I started with "Even though I am SO ANGRY..." and I wasn't sure where to go from there.
  7. Linda

One of the best tips I ever read about phrasing...

just tap. you do not need to do a set up phrase. just start at the karate chop an talk as if you are complaining to your best girlfriend...

and if you are angry and you can get some time alone...shout it, move your body...going to the car and closing the doors and windows is a good place to be when doing this:)
  8. Deborah

Deborah New Member

I love finding those creative phrases ... I feel free and light is a great one -- thanks Rhea for sharing those!
    Dawn, the good old backkup is "I love and accept myself". Or "I forgive myself".
    In the moment it would be hard to come up with creative phrasing.
    And as Linda said, just tapping is often enough if you are in the middle of the emotions.
    Hugs,
    Deborah