Personal Experience?

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by emilymkr, Mar 16, 2007.

1. emilymkr

emilymkr New Member

Could anyone tell me about how useing this method has affected your family life?

TIA
  2. Deborah

Deborah New Member

For myself:

My brother has had a lot of mental health problems. As his big sister, I've always felt responsible and guilty. I've been in therapy myself for years but still have had this intense anger and grief around his fate. The result is that I can't talk to him without getting all worked up ... After one EFT session with a practitioner on the phone, I felt such a release and shift in my emotions. I feel unentangled in his problems. I still love him but the emotional knots are gone.

Other examples for me:

My son used to be petrified of heights. He couldn't look at a tall building without getting dizzy, he couldn't be on the 2nd floor of a parking garage without freaking out. Now he's fine. We tapped on it for about 2 weeks - a little bit every night. It was such a gift to him and such a pleasure to see his little face light up and say, "Mama, I'm not dizzy anymore"

I used to be dreadfully allergic to cats -- red,swollen eyes, asthma, I would need to get cortisone shots ... now I'm fine and have a cat again. The kids are thrilled.

Sexual trauma:
    I was sexually abused as a child. Been in therapy for years. Still had some unresolved confused feelings around sexuality and disgust. After one tapping session with a practitioner, identified and released the unease I still felt. Feel freer and lighter and forgiving.

So you can see why I'm such a fan of this technique. (Obviously I am or else I wouldn't be a practitioner. I have studied many alternative modalities over the years and this is the first one I ever felt called to actually teach to other others in a public forum).

Hope this helps.
  3. emilymkr

emilymkr New Member

Thank you so much for replying... I have printed the free guide and am eager to start training. Right now I am a single mommy with no income. =/ But I know that it will work out soon...then I will be buying the videos and tapes. I can't wait!

I have(so I think) been storing stress in my right leg. The more stress I am under the worse it hurts and is constantly tight, like I am holding it in the air at all times. This is the FIRST thing I hope to work on. I am so glad to find out about this, I have been getting more and more into an "alternative" life style but haven't ever heard of EFT before.
  4. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Emily,

My pleasure ... the leg thing is a great specific thing to work on.

If you want and to get you jump-started, I can work with you by phone one time at no charge. We would only need about 30 minutes or so ...

(All I ask in return is a great review if its warranted!...)

Email me if you are interested ....
    Deb.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2007