Parenting Personal Peace Procedure

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Deborah, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Personal Peace Procedure for Parents

• Consider all the times you have been less than pleased with your parenting choices and reactions.
    • Make a list of at least five incidents where you shouted, hit, ignored, or shamed your child.
    • Identify the emotions you were feeling as well as the response and emotions of your child.
    • Tap on these incidents until your intensity gets to zero. Be prepared for some cognitive shifts!

• Make a list of at least five times you remember being shamed, punished, felt guilty as a child.
    • How were you disciplined or punished?
    • Were you hit, spanked, isolated, or shamed verbally?
    • How were mealtimes?
    • How were bedtimes?
    • When were you made to feel wrong or less than?

These memories are all excellent tapping material.
    • Consider all the times you felt fear as a child or used fear to control your children.
    • Consider all the times you experienced violence or used violence to control your child.
    • Pick five incidents and commit to tapping on them until the intensity gets to zero. Be prepared for some amazing cognitive shifts.
  2. Claire Berry

Claire Berry New Member

Neat, thanks for sharing. I'll have to sit down and do this when I have time later on...
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Oh, great idea!

TY! :heart smirk:
  4. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Wow. I've done a few of those but never thought of those incidents grouped in a holistic way. Great idea.
  5. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

This is such a gift! I have yelled a my child more than once and have continued to worry about the pain and damage caused to him. BUT I also believed that I would find something to help relieve that wound and here it is. I definitely feel I was led here to find deep healing.