OT -- Now in Florida

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

This is totally OT here, but since this is the only place on Amity I've been visiting lately, thought I'd share.

We left Michigan to move to Florida on Sept. 23. We decided to stop at Disney World for two days to add some fun to our transition. I pursuaded dh that we should stay at one of the deluxe resorts since it was only for two days and we should embrace abundance.

We arrived at the Disney's Polynesian resort on Sunday a bit before check-in time and I was thinking that it would be great if we could get into our room right away. Ian, who was doing the check-in, looked confused and called over his manager and asked something. I was enjoying the beautiful entrance and not paying attention (enjoying the man-make Hawaii in the lobby), but he handed me the keys and paperwork saying, "You'll be staying in the Presidential Suite." I did notice that our room number was 1.

A bell-hop appeared immediately to take our luggage and took us to our room. Kathy followed us in -- and I was confused about why someone was following us into our room. Let me pause here to say that I reserved a room with 2 queen-size beds and a day bed -- the minimum that they require when you arrive with 5 people to a room.

We walked in and the children ran off to explore. The place was huge. You walk in to see a sitting area and a large dining table, live house plants, art on the walls. There was a kitchette the size of an average kitchen. A large bathroom with shower in the hall. From the living area, there was a large room on either end. One had a king bed and its own bathroom, fridge, closets, a walk out to a small, private garden. The other had 2 queen beds with all of the same extras. The children were very impressed that we had 3 TVs (we have one at home), 3 refrigerators, 3 walk-outs to their own (small) private gardens, 3 coffee makers, 2 safes, at least 5 telephones -- 2 of them in bathrooms.

It was so over the top that when Kathy (the concierge) left, I was laughing and jumping up and down like the children. It was a very fun start to our vacation and our move.

We proceeded to have 50 amazingly fun hours in Disney World. Monday we went to the Magic Kingdom. Tuesday, Typhoon Lagoon -- the water park.

We are now in a temporary apartment (which is, not nearly as nice as our rooms at the resort) and working on finding a more permanent place to live.
  2. Megmama

Megmama Happy Happy Joy Joy

Welcome to Florida :D We are in Gainesville...the weather will be quite a change for y'all :D
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

How FUN!!!

Wishing you a smooth transition. Lots of nice Amitymamas down in Florida!
  4. Natalia

Natalia New Member

The move has not been exhausting -- mainly because we only moved 6 big boxes and ourselves. Everything else is still in our house in Michigan which is for sale.

Reason for the move: DH and I have long wanted to live somewhere other than MI where we both grew up and had always lived. We were considering areas all over the country (and I would have liked to move west, into the mountains), but we decided that our priority was to be close to our parents (who live part-time in Michigan and part-time in Florida). Plus, our whole family LOVES the ocean and beaches. So, we decided to focus on FL. DH stared limiting his job searching to FL. And voila! Here we are.
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

I love hearing of folks deciding consciously where to live -- so many of my family just ended up someplace ... never a real decision -- way to go! What a great role model on deliberate living ....
    Hugs,
    Deb.