OT~I had my first cranial sacral session the other day

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

It was *really* interesting. Besides EFT and NAET this is the first time I actually felt my energy shifting. It was just amazing. When she was working on my head..I had lots of rapid eye blinking..my body felt light as air and heavy as lead. When she was working on my pelvis my utereus defintely started cramping. She said my pelvis was stuck energetically. It is...I've been having issues with my period...lots of bleeding short cycles...It one point my vision went really dark and I was seeing spiraling colors behind my lids. Very interesting.

I felt really good when I left and I want to go back. I never felt that way with Reiki...

I think I am going to take my kids. She is certified in pediatrics etc...

anywho....
    oh the reason I went..I was a forceps birth and my kids were born surgically. I have heard that cranial sacral is awesome for this kind of stuff. Leah has also bonked her head quite a few times. (as a toddler)
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Sounds like a great experience!

I have a friend who is getting certified and she's done a few sessions for me. I've also done a session with another therpist. I've felt shifts -- but nothing close to what you describe.

I've also taken my children. Did not see any changes. But then, some changes are subtle.

If I had had the kind of experience you did, I'd definately take my children.
  3. Linda

I was very surprised at my experience! I definitely went for myself, but am happy that I can do this for my kids as well.

4. Barb

Barb Moderator Staff Member

My sister is a pediatric PT and she does this - was trained in Sedona here in ARizona actually though she lives back East. She worked on me once - my back. I felt 'shifts' as well, but not what you describe either, but I'm thrilled for you that it was a good experience.
    :)
  5. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    We love CST here!

Every one of us has had work done on us. I started going when PG with Gwenny. I was able to work through alot of my birth trauma with the boys as well as some of the sexual abuse issues I have from childhood. Gwenny went due to poor latch issues, Gabe went to deal with accident issues and to overcome his c-section birth, and Gavin has gone due to his forceps birth. Dh has also went and was able to work through some abuse and trauma issues from his childhood as well. CST is one of the things I will definitely get trained in after I get my massage license. Gotta wait till Gwenny is in school though so I can start classes.

Oh, and I haven't forgot about you. We are on our third week of someone having the flu, ear infection, Gwen had a UTI, etc... It has been quite the ride over the last few weeks. I want to make sure that things are back to normal before we start working together.
  6. hastings

hastings Amity's Focus Member

Cranial/Sacral is part of my current course at school, can't wait for the training. I've had a few sessions and similar releases. Its just amazing how our bodies store trauma and our body can become a map of our experience rather than a vessel for our now.
  7. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

I'm so glad to hear that! Such good timing as I've been looking into it for dd. Keep us posted. I'm excited for you!
  8. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

That is amazing!

Five years ago, I went to a highly respected Cranial Sacral practitioner when I was having some major back problems.

My dh swears by her and so do lots of other people.

I had, I think four or five sessions with her but it didn't give me any sensation of any noticable kind nor help my back.

Either I am totally at ease being handled and it didn't 'touch' my points OR totally blocking things.

LOL.

I am jealous of your expereince!
  9. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

PMing you with her info.
  10. mamabear

mamabear ~*~smile~*~

I am trained through Craniosacral level 1 w/Upledger...I love it and fantasize about going on someday. I love receiving the treatment as well. I am actually dusting off my books to work on the kids again this month. :)

I do have a local chiro who does something called biogeometric integration which is also amazing...I get very similar results from it.
  11. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

Can anyone offer a good link to the actual process? Or briefly explain how it works. It's manipulating the body, correct? Unlike chiropractic?

I've been looking for a local practitioner but no luck.
  12. Linda

see what you can find here:)
    The Upledger Institute, Inc.
  13. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

There are six in my area! Unbelievable! Linda, you are something else:smooch:

(I could not find even one.) Thanks a bunch.
  14. pamela

pamela New Member

Cranial Sacral rocks!

The first time I was exposed to cranial/sacral was probably in 1995 and the lady that I saw worked on the butterfly bone around the eyes. I was a forceps baby and that was where the doctor secured the forceps on either side of my head before pulling me out.

When the lady worked on that bone I could feel it move ALOT. It was surreal. I also noticed that I did not have near the sinus problems that I had prior to that experience. That was a LONG time ago, but I still remember the butterfly bone incidence.
  15. pamela

pamela New Member

I've had NAET done as well ... but that has been 10 1/2 years ago.

I don't recall any major energy shifts with NAET.

The NAET doctor was able to help me release the allergic reaction that I was having towards the medications that were given to me when I had to have an emergency c-section with my oldest son. NAET totatally cleared them. I remember the NAET doctor placing the vival in my hand, and I actually tossed it back to him because it made me so sick to hold it in my hand ... I had such a horrible physical reaction. I could NOT do it by myself. He had to hold it in my hand and hold my hand while I went through the session. But, it totally cleared.

I was able to do NAET shortly after the birth of my son ... probably when he was one month old.