OM goodness. I am just floored.

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

My 5yo dd Leah has had a couple of plantars warts on her pinkie toe for about 2 years now. They had gotten worse recently, and dh was really starting to push to get them frozen off. I am not really against freesing them off, but I was not convinced that would make them go away permanently. Dh has suffered from plantars warts for about 20 years. He gets them in cycles about every 5 years, then freezes them off, and then starts getting them again a few years later~usually when under stress.
    So a few weeks ago, when I was tapping on a few of our suspected 'allergies' I tapped on Leah's plantars warts. I approached it as an allergy to the virus.
    ~Even though I have a reaction to this virus that gives me these warts on my pinkie toe...
    ~Even though I have these warts and my body does not get rid of this virus...
    ~Even though this virus is trapped in my pinkie toe in these warts...

I am a REALLY AMAZING KID:)

I just checked her feet today while I was clipping her toe nails.
    THEY ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THere is a scar left behind where they were, but they are GONE.
    :cuc: :cuc: :cuc:
    I have no idea if the disappeared from tapping on the allergy to the virus. OR if some other tapping on emotional stuff/fears made them go away. It is a bummer I do not know..but hey...the thing is I KNOW that EFT was the reason those suckers are GONE!

Dh was VEEERY skeptical when I asked him to check her feet. But even he must concede they are gone.

Oh happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness, cus I was feeling frustrated on another front. Pfew:)
  2. Deborah

Deborah New Member

That's so cool Linda - isn't it nice to get a clear success with something physical! Reaffirms how great EFT is ..... you should write it up and send to Gary!
  3. Linda

I can't stop talking to dh about it...

Now I want to check his feet and see if there are any there...:lol:
    I want to do it AGAIN...hehe. Especially since he started with the whole argument "Well, you know, I have read that if you get a flu or cold and your body mounts an immune response to it...AND the virus is similar enough to the plantar wart virus..then the warts can disappear. " "OK, yes, dear, but really, she has not been sick in the last MONTH. And what are the chances of a coincidence like this? " Sheesh.

I can't blame him, though, but I know better ;)
  4. ChantingMama

ChantingMama The Divine Miss M

I don't do EFT, cause I don't have enough faith to make it work, but it's well established that the power of the mind is AWESOME, and can absolutely heal your body, and make things like warts go away. Dh is a firm believer in that, and does it to himself all the time. he says the reason he gets sick SO much less than the kids and I is mind over matter, and that we just have to will it away. :p Like I said, I don't have enough faith to make it work. I wish I did, though! :lol:
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Sorry to hear it isn't working for you. Just so you know, faith in EFT working doesn't impact it's effectiveness ... I've done it too many times with skeptics/beginners and gotten results for belief to matter. Plus it's been done with folks who are out of consciousness and had results (i.e. bad allergic reaction and unconscious and then brought to consiousness ....)

So there is another reason it isn't working for you, assuming you've tried it.

If you haven't tried it yet, I understand. And you might want to try it on something very gentle and easy ...

I have found four things to impact effectiveness:

1) specificity of language and tuning into the issue
    2) hydration
    3) environmental toxins
    4) getting past polarity reversal with an adamant set-up phrase

I think also seeing others do it is helpful/essential as a first step and there are many ways to do that ....

Best of luck,
    Deborah
  6. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Your hubby sounds like mine - he's a true engineer and questions everything. I've had miraculous effects with my husband using homeopathy and he still doubts it! He dropped his blood pressure by 16 points by tapping with me (and it was a huge favor to me to get him to tap ....) but won't do it again ... I've given up on convincing my DH about anything I do -- I figure he's got his own path and I've got mine -- but sometimes it would be nice if he joined in more ......

7. ChantingMama

ChantingMama The Divine Miss M

Yeah, but YOU believe. ;) It's still the power of YOUR faith and mind working there.

I do believe that it can be effective. I do know that mental techniques such as this can be powerful. I just feel like such a twa* doing it, that I don't do anything with any conviction or effectiveness. :p

I will mention that my religious beliefs put a huge damper on it, too. Not that we are doubting the effectiveness of it all, but we are reaching for a different goal, where techniques like these don't really have a place. But we absolutely accept that it is a technique that can work with great power. It's just not for us. :)
  8. bubbles

bubbles New Member

That is amazing Linda! You and Deborah are always inspiring me. I know I asked before, but can't remember. Do you tap directly on the kids? How did you work up to it w/ them?
  9. Linda

I did surrogate tapping for DD on the warts issue. I figured I would just give it a go. ON other things where I want need her input, if she is in the MOOD :) we do it together. I always make it fun. That says a lot..and I need to tap on that because I don't consider myself 'fun' at all. "Even though I am not a fun person AT ALL, I choose to be fun and funny' :) I can tell you about it more when we talk!

Murali...I would be happy to tap with you on the phone or at the end of October when I see you, if you are interested. The thing about EFT is, no, you don't have to believe in it to make it work either as the practitioner or the client. It has been proven over and over again that the belief in it makes NO difference.

Deborah, I would love for my dh to tap too. I think he would be so helpful in tapping with the kids. he is VERY intuitive(which makes him a great husband, father and manager). Very. But It does not stress me at all that he does not tap. He supports me int is so that is all I ask. I have a feeling he eventually will tap, but if not that is ok.
  10. Maura

Maura Gene Genie

I'm impressed!
    I really want to try tapping, but I chickened out because of my panic attacks. I'm afraid that they would worsen. I would like to try it on the girls as well- Ava has a lot of stress internalized, but again, I'm afraid I would do it incorrectly and ruin her! I'm so glad it's working for you!!